WATTx is looking for a new addition to its data team. You will work on multiple, diverse projects that will allow you to apply your exceptional data science skills. We are looking for a strong and experienced candidate who can pragmatically and confidently handle challenges in varying data-related projects.
Working in the data team at WATTx means being adaptable and able to flexibly change between projects, thus making use of a diverse pool of technologies applied to different tasks.
Projects range from exploring and analysing new datasets, modelling time-series data, applying state-of-the-art machine learning, building prototypical data products in interdisciplinary teams, and working on projects with clients from the industry.
You’ll be exposed to deep tech, IoT, and other internal as well as client-based data-related projects giving you the opportunity to learn new skills and work with cutting-edge technologies.
Who we are looking for:
- Degree in applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or related quantitative field. MS or PhD preferred.
- 4+ years of work experience in data science or related field.
- Exceptional programming skills in Python and its open-source data science ecosystem (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, jupyter notebooks).
- Extensive experience in data mining and munging, statistical analysis, and machine learning using state-of-the-art methods.
- Ability to independently and pragmatically work on data-related tasks and projects of differing nature.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Exceptional communication skills: Clear and concise presentation of key results and ideas.
- Proficiency in English, German is a big plus.
Nice to haves
- Experience with software development in teams.
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Experience analysing and modelling time series data.
- Experience in data engineering and big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous learning budget
- Possibility to attend conferences
- Flexibility to work on your own ideas
- Flexibility in work environment (moving desks, home office)
- Monthly internal two-day hackathon
- Highly tech-focused environment allowing to learn and gain expertise
- “Best team ever - trust me, it’s true!”
As a new kind of company builder, WATTx is the launchpad for new ambitious ideas. Two things set us apart: our focus on deep technology within industrial and consumer IoT, as well as our rigorous process moving an idea from its inception to a functional prototype. This way we ensure that we place the most exciting and promising ideas - our spaceships - on our launchpad. And for this specific mission we need you.
We are looking forward to receive your applications. In case you have any questions, you´re welcome to approach Karo, our Head of Recruitment and HR.