As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Work on high-impact global projects: this could involve modelling the costs and benefits of various solutions to increasing retention through improving our supply, or changes to our product;
- Master the dynamics of tutors/learners interaction and the economics of Preply’s marketplace;
- Build models aimed at understanding and improving our marketplace liquidity, tutors price strategy, tutor behaviour and more;
- Increase our tutors base knowledge through advanced analytics, clustering and segmentation;
- Leverage your broad statistical awareness to proactively identify opportunities to improve our existing experimentation methods;
- Quantify the impact of the initiatives in order to identify growth opportunities, iterate our strategy and help prioritize our roadmap;
- Investigate complex methodological problems and work collaboratively with a small team of experts to establish world-class standards for experimentation.
- Make recommendations to leadership team and stakeholders of changes that will impact the company performance;
- Contribute to the development of analytics libraries and frameworks.
What we are looking for:
- Experience as a Data Scientist;
- Knowledge of quantitative fields (statistics, mathematics, etc.);
- Proficiency with analytical tools like R/Python and familiarity with SQL;
- Experience in data extraction, manipulation and visualization tools, e.g. Snowflake, Looker;
- Strong curiosity, problem solving and problem finding skills; creative mindset and proactive attitude towards the creation and evaluation of new hypotheses;
- Good written and verbal communication skills. B1 English is a must.
Nice to have:
- Masters degree or PhD in statistics, economics, econometrics, or a relevant field of applied mathematics (or equivalent business experience);
- Previous experience in Marketplaces and/or digital businesses (B2B, B2C, B2B2C);
- Knowledge of Looker, Tableau or other BI tools.
What we offer:
- An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory;
- An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated;
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture;
- A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com;
- A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance.
- Human: We embrace diversity by fostering inclusive environments where people feel respected and safe to express their opinions.
- Hungry: We make bold, data-informed decisions to deliver high-impact solutions for our customers.
- Humble: We experiment continuously by staying open to being challenged, learning from failures and making data-informed decisions.
- Hackers: We learn by doing, focus on things that matter and move with incredible speed to create simple, creative, and scalable solutions.
- Curious: We thrive on facing challenges, diving deep to identify root causes and uncovering insights to continuously improve.
- Learners Obsessed: We put our learners at the core of everything we do to improve the effectiveness of their language learning with us.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Preply.com is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds can thrive. We believe that the presence of different opinions and viewpoints is a key ingredient for our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company. That means that Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.