Booking.com is looking for data savvy professionals to join our team of data scientists. You will be working with stakeholders throughout the company to generate understanding, strategy and suggest actions based on data. As a senior data scientist you will be hands on, but also be expected to take on coaching of more junior co-workers and some management responsibilities. If you consider yourself to be that unique hybrid of data hacker, business analyst, communicator and mentor that maintains a strong customer focus and values pragmatism over perfection, then we’d like to hear from you.
There are several data science teams within Booking.com each consisting of 3-8 people. All of these teams have their own scope within the business; we have Data Scientists focusing on the front end of our website, content of the pages, demands of our products, customer satisfaction and loyalty. Every team takes full responsibility for all data analysis within their area; however there is also considerable collaboration amongst teams. We often align on business goals, learn from each other and socialize after work almost every Friday.
- Transform large, complex datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights.
- Leverage data to identify, quantify and influence tangible business gain.
- Ability to see beyond the numbers, be the voice of data when communicating to decision makers, product owners and team leaders.
- Have the capacity to thrive in our fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and take ownership of your work.
- Challenge ideas and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant role
- Experience solving real problems using data mining techniques and with statistical rigor
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Strong technical skills regarding data analysis, machine learning and programming. Strong working knowledge of, Python, Hadoop, SQL, and/or R.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Interest and experience in coaching, mentoring and the ability to grow into a leadership role
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. IT also has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 200+ IT professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!