XING provides advice and support to its more than 19 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
(Senior) Data Platform Engineer (m/f/d)
Our Data team is responsible for turning data into services and products for New Work SE. Around 20 data scientists and engineers work together to create highly scalable solutions which serve millions of users. We bring state-of-the-art algorithms into production by making use of technologies such as Scala, Kubernetes, Hadoop (e.g. Hive, Spark), Akka, Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc. We are an international team with people working from multiple locations in Spain, Germany, Portugal and remote.
A challenging task
- Help us building the best Data Platform, following modern architectures and paradigms like Data Mesh. We are not like other central data teams that became the bottleneck of the organization and suffers the burden of just maintaining old data pipelines.
- Build reusable components, to ease the development of new data products across the whole organization.
- Unlock the value and democratize the access of a massive amount of data, by making it more discoverable and transparent.
- Design, build, test and deploy new libraries, frameworks or full systems for our core systems while keeping to the highest standards of testing and code quality
- Work with experienced engineers and product owners from all the organization, to identify and build tools to automate many large-scale data management / analysis tasks.
- Join a team of talented and passionate data engineers, with a lot of opportunities to learn, grow and reach your expectations.Use technologies like Scala, Python, Kafka, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Cassandra and Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Spark.
A convincing background
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent Software Engineering experience
- Good programming skills in a JVM based language, like Scala or Java.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing scalable software and services which process large volume of data (e.g. real-time processing components, REST services), using search technologies (e.g., Elasticsearch, Solr, etc.), data storage (e.g. relational databases, key-value stores) and related data processing technologies (e.g. Kafka, Akka, Play, etc.)
- Proficient English language skills (German is not required)
Nice to have
- Experience in designing architectures and developing software components for distributed systems (e.g. in the context of micro-service architectures)
- Experience in building libraries, frameworks or platform services that other Software Engineers use.
- At senior level, proven track-record of building rock-solid data-driven solutions (i.e. fault-tolerant, highly reliable features, solutions which scale regarding volume of data, robustness regarding changing data characteristics, re-usable and easily extendable etc.).
An inspiring environment
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- Innovation weeks (Hackweeks)
- Flexible working hours and remote flexibility
- Restaurant tickets, coffee and snacks.
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!