Founded in 2007, Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges — making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own. We do things that matter. And foremost, we make people speak their new language as they’ve always wanted to. Come work with us.
There’s still so much to do.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. As our user base has grown, so has what they need from us. Their learning needs, life experiences, and reference points become more varied and colourful by the day. Meeting that means ensuring users see themselves reflected —not just in our product— but the world it allows them to imagine with us. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 600 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices, challenging and learning from each other at every step. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users, in every hemisphere.
We are looking for a Data Insight Analyst to join our Team in Berlin!
In this role you’ll work in a small team of internal consultants specialised in data analytics, data democratisation, and data communication. We want to make our organisation data-driven with carrots, not sticks. Together we will find way to drive organisational change and create processes and initiatives to inspire Babbelonians and change the way we work.
- Work closely with Data Scientists and our stakeholders in Product, Marketing, Didactics, HR
- Have a wide variety of tasks to reach our goals ranging from organizing and holding workshops to visualizing data, to ideating initiatives to make us more data driven
- Help level up our Data Academy program with your expertise and your ideas
- 3-5 years of experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, BI Analyst, Data Visualisation Specialist, Product Manager, Researcher
- Experience with R or Python, SQL or other RDB; and/or, experience with BI tools like Looker, Tableau, Amplitude
- Experience with metrics and KPIs
- Experience working in the online industry
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good project management skills
- Equal parts analytical and creative, enjoy working with numbers and with people
- A creative problem solver, you think outside the box
- Proactive in addressing issues and problems
- Capable of dealing with uncertainty
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and adaptable
- Patient and empathetic
Babbel is the world’s most successful language learning app. Work with us to make a real impact in the world, in a meaningful way.
- Work directly with our unique language learning data
- Hackdays and technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Great company benefits (company bike, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin