We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing Data Platform team.
Treatwell is an organisation that is built on data, but we’re just getting started. This role will play an important part in guiding us to a future where self-serve data integration, reporting and analytics scale at the quickening pace of our business.
The Data Platform team ensures that Treatwell's analysts, engineers, and business users have the tools and infrastructure to make timely, accurate data driven decisions. It does so by building and managing a platform of effective self-serve analytics. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will play a key role in achieving this by managing, building, leveraging a variety of data processing pipelines, streaming mechanisms, observability tools, data integrity frameworks, CI/CD pipelines, as well as managing our Data Warehouse, Data Lake, databases and BI tooling. As a team, we take pride in our ability to experiment and fail fast, recover from failures easily, collaboratively learn from them, and ensure we maintain a healthy positive relationship with each other. You will work as part of a cross functional Agile team writing and shipping high quality code frequently.
As a data team, we predominantly code in Python and SQL. In our tech stack, we prioritise making use of open source platforms when we can, such as DBT, Docker, Terraform, Apache Spark, Grafana, DBT, Neo4j, Luigi orchestration and RabbitMQ. We run our services on cloud technologies on Amazon AWS such as ECS, Lambda, Cloudwatch, Redshift, S3, EMR, EC2 and Secrets, as well as make use of third parties that bring business value such as Snowplow, Fivetran, Looker, and Slack.
You will be responsible for:
- Partner with product engineering teams to build and maintain a scalable data streaming platform.
- Partner with the BI team and analysts to scale up, and orchestrate the ELT migration to DBT.
- Build and own observability charts, health checks, logging, metrics, and alerting of our production data pipelines.
- Partner with the Tech Platform team to enable CI/CD pipelines, improved systems security, development environments and infrastructure telemetry to improve systems and product performance.
- Manage Treatwell’s data vaults, Redshift Data Warehouse and S3 Data Lake, ensuring smooth running day-to-day performance.
- Manage our new ELT platform on DBT, as well as our homegrown ELT platform until we finish our migration.
- Promote a data-driven culture and approach to decision making.
- Collaborate with engineers / analysts / stakeholders on cross team projects.
- Contribute towards the strategy and direction of the Data Platform.
- You have a ‘fail fast, build lean first, recover quickly from failures’ way of doing things.
- You have a strong experience with architecting data streaming pipelines, microservices and ELT Platforms.
- You have a strong experience with implementing observability tools, logging and alerting.
- You are great at coding in Python and SQL.
- You have a great experience in cloud infrastructure development, ideally AWS and Terraform.
- You are very comfortable with and truly enjoy working with agile high performance teams breathing agile principles.
- You are an articulate communicator who finds it natural to discuss technical matters with both engineers and the business.
- You are a great team player who finds it empowering to mentor and collaborate with other stakeholders of different. disciplines.
- You feel comfortable communicating in English (our team is 100% international).
Hi, we’re Treatwell. Nice to meet you.
We’re a team of 500 (and growing) passionate and brilliantly talented people across Europe. We’re the industry’s smartest salon management software, all connected to Europe’s leading bookings platform, working with over 31,000 salon partners across 13 countries, processing over 4 million bookings every month. And….breathe.
But we’re not done yet. We’re on an exciting journey to digitally revolutionise the hair and beauty community.
If this excites you, we might just have the role for you.
We’ll treat you with:
- 28 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Monthly 40 € Treatwell vouchers so you can treat yourself too.
- Learning & development budget so you can develop and grow in your team.
- A beneficial discount for gym membership.
- Remote work from the EU and the UK and flexible timetables for working.
- Breakfast and fruits in the office every day!
- A dynamic organization with social events in the office.
- An annual Treatwell party in one of our European cities.
- Possibility to go to the office located in the central area of Lisbon.
- And most importantly, the opportunity to work alongside a talented entrepreneurial team in the center area of main cities in Spain.
Treatwell is an ‘Open to All’ employer and warmly welcomes every body to the team. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process as required. Please add any adjustment requests to your application.