We are looking for a stream processing enthusiast who enjoys taking challenges around finding data patterns on the fly, carrying out complex event processing out of data coming from multiple and disparate sources and making great data visualizations.
If you feel that you have what it takes, you will be responsible for implementing use cases required in architectures deployed at customers for the automation of IT and Network operations. I.e.: monitoring, diagnosis and automated execution of actions. Those architectures are mainly based on Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch/InfluxDB, Apache NiFi and WSO2 Stream Processor. We exclusively develop and use latest open-source technology and maintain an open culture that seeks not only for commercial success, but also for fun, and true inspiration to solve data processing problems.
- Experience in the development, maintenance and monitoring of ETL tasks using tools such as logstash, fluentd or similar, both in streaming and in batch.
- Experience in the configuration / development of data processing systems that use:
- Apache Kafka as a channel for acquisition and transport and distribution of data.
- Apache NiFi as an events orchestrator.
- Elasticsearch / InfluxDB, Kibana / Grafana.
- Experience in streaming processing platforms for Complex Event Processing, such as WSO2 Stream Processor, Apache Flink or similar.
- People who play this role must be very clear about the differences between the world of relational DBs and indexing/search engines.
- Thinking in terms of scalability is a must.
- An insatiable appetite to create awesome technology
This role is based in Madrid, Spain, where we offer a cool, fast-growing startup environment with local perks. Depending on the candidate, remote employment can be considered. Some travel is expected for customer support and conference attendance, but the total amount should be less than 15%. We offer highly competitive compensation and the possibility to take part of the growth via a comprehensive stock options plan.