Permutive is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to build and scale core components of our real-time data management platform.
You’ll use a range of cutting-edge technologies in the distributed databases and stream processing space to build out scalable backend components. This will include working on our real-time segmentation engine and will involve deploying stream processing jobs to extract, transform and load data at scale. You will regularly deploy code changes to our cloud environment and will be keen to take ownership of all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including coding, testing, deploying and monitoring.
For this role, you should be keen to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment. You should also enjoy and value working in a close-knit team with other talented people, and have strong communication skills. You will be an early hire and therefore can expect to have a significant impact on the direction and culture of the company.
Our ideal candidate is an engineer with 3+ years relevant experience, keen to take on more responsibility in a rapidly growing startup.
*Who We Are*
We’re a small team trying to make big data actionable by anyone. We believe that enterprise companies build clunky platforms which make big data confusing, frustrating and boring. Manipulating billions of data points should feel like you’re being plugged into the Matrix; not into a 90s accountancy package.
Our technology is fundamentally different. Every day we process billions of events across hundreds of millions of users - and we give results in milliseconds. We’ve built the world’s fastest Data Management Platform and the implications are huge.
Revenue is growing super fast; we’re working with flagship publishers and marketers; and we’re beating billion dollar competitors in market. On route to this, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Y Combinator, EF and Octopus Ventures.
Behind the scenes our goal is to build an incredible company with an extraordinary culture. We’re looking for people who are excited by growth, embrace responsibility and are excited by enormous challenges. It’s a really exciting time to join, experience start-up life and shape who we become.
We think to be brilliant in your role you really need to have:
• Strong knowledge of Scala and/or Java
• Familiar with distributed databases (Bigtable, HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
• Excited about data engineering and stream processing
• Experience with working on and deploying web scale systems
It would be a plus if you have any of these:
• Experience with Kubernetes
• Experience running cloud infrastructure (AWS/GCP)
• Experience with stream processing frameworks (Beam, Flink, Storm, Spark)
• Experience with distributing messaging queues (PubSub, Kafka, Kinesis)
• Familiarity with Docker
In our mind the real benefit is to join a team where you have a laugh together, have a huge personal impact on decisions and get excited about things together. It’s that incredible team feeling of ‘You’re my team and we’re gonna smash this’.
As a VC backed start-up we hope you’ll gain a huge amount from working with our team.
And, of course, there’s other perks too.
• Stock options, so you get to own a piece of the pie
• Weekly lunches and quarterly socials. Highlights recently included Mexican food, escape room and pub trips
• So many office snacks you’ll never go hungry or thirsty
• Offices just off Brick Lane
• Shiny new Macbook
• Spacious desk and large monitor