We are looking for an experienced senior data engineer to help us build products that fundamentally change the way insurers see the world, enabling them to move from an assumption based understanding of risk, to an empirical, data-driven view.
More specifically, your role will include:
- Beginning each day with a stand up to synchronise efforts across the team, informed by weekly sprint planning with the whole company
- Contributing to refining our development process, which already includes a well-maintained customer driven feature backlog, strong code review/testing processes and frequent continuous integration driven deploys of production features
- Working on exciting long-term, high-value projects based on the latest research from the fields of AI and NLP, including work on our low latency event detection system that turns unstructured text streams into a structured dataset of real world events
- We take pride in test driven development and peer reviewing colleagues’ pull requests to ensure what we build is simple, elegant, reliable and self-documenting
- Each week includes at least one opportunity for learning, typically in the form of a reading group with a presentation from somebody in your team
What we are looking for in candidates:
- We are looking for candidates who are driven to build effective technology solutions that solve significant real world problems.
- Strong proficiency with Python (or a similar language) is required
- Proven experience with data structures, storage systems and cloud infrastructure
- You are a great technologist and regardless of which language you use, you take pride in writing clean, effective code
- A lot of our infrastructure is in the form of scalable distributed systems, so experience with deploying/using clustered software and distributed systems is needed
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate detailed technical concepts at a high level
- Exposure to machine learning and natural language processing
- Familiarity with to agile development methodologies (including test driven development and continuous integration)
- We use Docker/Kubernetes for continuous integration, so familiarity with concepts around containerisation would be useful
- Experience with mentoring and coaching other less experienced engineers
Cytora is building a new way for commercial insurers to quantify and price risk, underpinned by liquid access to data and machine intelligence. Using the Cytora Risk Engine, insurers can move from a subjective, assumptions based understanding of risk to an empirical and data-driven view. At Cytora, you'll have access to a network of world-class business minds and academics from leading global institutions. We celebrate originality and independent thinking, and work in decentralised teams, giving people the authority to own and solve problems creatively. You'll be offered a competitive salary and share options, augmented by our private health insurance.
To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page: http://www.cytora.com/careers
Cytora company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.