At Adevinta Spain, we work hard so that millions of people can find what they are looking for through our six marketplaces, building new connections that help us make a positive impact on the planet.
We are Fotocasa, habitaclia, InfoJobs, coches.net, motos.net and Milanuncios. Every day, 1 in 2 people search for a new opportunity in one of our marketplaces in Spain. And they find it.
And to do so, at Adevinta Spain we create an environment where you are your best version of yourself every day, where you can give your all, and where your uniqueness adds to our diversity. Diversity in every sense of the word, in our people, in our products, and our community. Because equality is at the heart of everything we do. Better as equals.
We create the future of digital marketplaces by helping thousands of people find what they are looking for. At Adevinta Spain, we have a technical community that makes this possible and that is continuously sharing everything it knows.
You can also follow our blog with technical content: https://dev.to/adevintaspain
On our YouTube channel (Adevinta Spain Engineers), you can find all our talks divided up by domain: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCImede_bms8k9kEWc-kNVSA
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer for the Data Platform team. Your mission will be to guarantee the availability of the platform and deployments, incorporating in the process continuous integration, testing, documentation, and knowledge transfer within the team and the technical areas involved, making you responsible for the final result of the product and the quality of the deliverables.
Our services work in AWS and we have automated platform deployment. We manage Data Governance and GDPR services to ensure easy access to the information for our customers and covering the needs of our users.
We have a wide and complex system of services and applications and we are responsible for their automated deployment, ensuring stability, scalability, usability, security, documentation, monitoring, and alerting configuration.
- You will have to know in depth the technologies available in the market to provide an updated, efficient, safe and adapted to the needs of the company.
- You will work hand to hand with the team analyzing, designing and implementing the necessary solutions to bring us the best solution.
- Understand and comprehend the real needs of the business to ensure the developments and guarantee the resolution for the requests from our users.
- You must have a complete vision of the systems and development tools involved in the technological solutions necessary for the development of the platform.
If you’re a team player, data-driven, and have an analytical mind, and you share and feel our company Values:
- Sharing and collaborating for the common good
- Satisfaction for our users and customers
- Integrity in everything we do
- Personal drive to achieve our dreams
- Joy in working together
- Technical training in computer science or similar experience
- Excellent communication skills and great ability to work effectively in a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with batch and streaming data processing tools (Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Extensive experience with UNIX systems
- Experience in the design and optimization of NoSQL databases for "Big Data" (Hive, Redshift, Cassandra, S3, etc.)
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Travis, SBT, Scala, PySpark, Python, Git...
- In-depth knowledge of best practices for software application deployment (version control, CI/CD, automation, pair-programming, documentation, testing)
- Data Catalog/Lineage/Literacy/Mesh Knowledge
- Experience using agile methodologies
- Desire to be constantly learning and adapting to coming challenges as a great opportunity for professional growth
Still there? We have more to tell you
At Adevinta Spain, we believe in the power of a fair and equitable benefits policy. And we do everything we can to make it so. Therefore, we pay special attention to all aspects that are key in your day-to-day life:
- We make a flexible schedule available and one day of remote work per week. Currently, we are all working remotely, however, you do have the chance to go to the office where all the hygienic and security measures are in place.
- Every year we engage in benchmarking against the external market in order to create competitive compensation packages. Moreover, we do have plans that allow you to "flex your gross salary" in order to purchase benefits such as meal vouchers, commuters card, training, and child care.
- All Adevintans have in common the passion for innovation and technology. You can choose whether to have a Macbook or Dell XPS laptop and you can opt for an iPhone or a Samsung.
- We subsidize your parking up to a maximum of 90€/ month.
- Your well-being is our priority. We cover fully for your medical insurance and we allow family members to be added to the policy for a discounted price.
- We have a doctor in our facilities and we do offer extra wellness initiatives such as Yoga at the office in Madrid and physiotherapy in Barcelona.
- Do you like going to the gym? We sponsor 70% of the monthly fee of your chosen center/studio and we have agreements with both Andjoy and McFit for discounted membership prices.
- We enjoy 23 days of paid-time-off a year.
- In Barcelona offices we offer free breakfast and beverages🥐 You can choose the daily menu freshly prepared in our canteen.
- Last but not least, you have 5 extra days to attend conferences and we offer one entrance ticket per year.
About Adevinta Spain
Nuestras marcas en España: fotocasa, habitaclia, InfoJobs, coches.net, motos.net, milanuncios y vibbo, llegan cada mes a más de 18 millones de usuarios únicos: ¡estamos en el top 10 de las empresas con mayor audiencia de Internet en España! Esto, junto con las más de 1.000 personas de la compañía, nos convierte en una de las empresas tech referentes del mercado español.
Como empresa tecnológica, tenemos un ADN digital. Nos encanta desafiar lo establecido y pensamos nuevos modos de hacer las cosas. Trabajamos a través de PEAK Performance, una forma de trabajar basada en OKRs, ágil y con equipos autosuficientes y autoorganizados. Creemos en la cultura del feedback y en un estilo de liderazgo cercano. Además, gracias a la tecnología puntera, la experiencia y la especialización creamos un entorno digital multiplataforma, eficaz y de total confianza. En definitiva, creamos soluciones cada vez más inteligentes para ofrecer la mejor experiencia a nuestros usuarios y clientes.
Y no solo estamos en España, Adevinta es un grupo internacional presente en 16 países de Europa, América Latina y África del Norte, con marcas locales líderes como Leboncoin en Francia, Subito en Italia, Jofogás en Hungría y Segundamano en México, entre muchas otras. Marcas líderes a nivel local y que forman parte integral de la vida de los usuarios, con una media de 1.500 millones de visitas mensuales a sus sites.
Si te gustan los retos y crees tanto como nosotros en el poder del matchmaking... ¡Únete a nuestro equipo!