FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Schibsted Marketplaces is one of the two business divisions of Schibsted Media Group, an international organization, that empower the world’s economy and promote sustainability by enabling anyone to sell and everyone to buy, connecting people to new opportunities and great deals every day. Our goal is to provide fantastic value to all of our 30 million daily users across 22 countries, with effective and safe online classified ads.
Our 3000+ employees in Schibsted Marketplaces focus daily on solving real problems for our users. With leading generalist marketplaces across Europe, exciting growth companies in Latin America and Eastern Europe, and technology hubs in Barcelona, London, Oslo and Stockholm (to name a few), our teams balance local insight with global scale to develop creative products and features on the leading edge of digital.
We want people who dream of doing better, who refuse to recognize limits and want to build the services, platforms and ecosystems of tomorrow. If you are driven, visionary, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you!
For our Marketplaces Insights team we are looking for a data enthusiast with serious technical skills when it comes to modeling data. You’ll also need a structured, patient and rational head to take care of the variance and unpredictability of Schibsted Marketplace data and its proprietors.
As a Senior Data Engineer / Data Modeler within the Insights team, you will work alongside a group of highly talented scientists and engineers based in Barcelona to develop and deploy highly scalable global analytics and reporting tools.
- Translate business requirements into data models that are easy to understand and used by different disciplines across the company.
- Design, implement and build pipelines that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA.
- Partner with business domain experts, data analysts and engineering teams to build foundational data sets that are trusted, well understood, aligned with business strategy and enable self-service.
- Be a champion of the overall data model that will satisfy business policies and requirements.
- Own and document foundational company metrics with a clear definition and data lineage.
- Identify, document and promote best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 2+ years of experience working in data architecture, data modeling, master data management, metadata management.
- A consistent track record of close collaboration with business partners and crafting data solutions to meet their needs.
- Very strong experience in scaling and optimizing schemas.
- Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (logging, columnar, star and snowflake, dimensional modeling)
- Proficiency with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages is a big plus (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, Go)
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies is a big plus (e.g Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Diversified and challenging tasks and opportunities for professional development in an international and dynamic environment
- Support and encouragement to participate in trainings and other activities in order to stay updated on job relevant topics
- International career opportunities inside the company
- Phenomenal colleagues and a good working environment
- Nice office facilities in BarcelonaCompetitive terms and company perks
Schibsted company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.