Cloudbeds provides the platform that powers hospitality, driving streamlined operations, increasing reservations and revenue, and enabling memorable guest experiences for lodging businesses of all sizes and types. Named the No. 1 PMS and No. 1 Hotel Management System by Hotel Tech Report in 2022, Cloudbeds is trusted by properties across the globe for its award-winning front desk, revenue, distribution, guest acquisition and guest engagement solutions seamlessly combined in a single unified system.
Behind the Cloudbeds platform is a growing team of 700+ employees distributed across 40+ countries speaking 30+ languages. From data architects to UX designers, integrations managers to payments experts, former hotel managers to former OTA executives, our team comprises the brightest minds in technology and hospitality working to solve the industry’s biggest challenges.
From the beginning, we've believed that our people are our greatest asset, so we founded the company as #RemoteFirst, #RemoteAlways with shared core values that allow our team to thrive. This means we:
- Hire the best people around the world;
- Emphasize the value of results over hours put in;
- Provide flexibility in working hours and locations;
- Foster an inclusive environment that celebrates bold thinking and diverse perspectives;
- Offer open vacation policies, free LinkedIn Learning, and other benefits that promote well-being and professional development.
You’ll Succeed With:
- BS or MS in computer science or a related technical field.
- Proven experience as a big data engineer or a similar role, with a deep understanding of big data technologies, frameworks, and best practices.
- Designing and implementing large-scale, distributed data processing systems using technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, or Apache Flink.
- Developing and optimizing data pipelines and workflows for ingesting, storing, processing, and analyzing large volumes of structured and unstructured data.
- Building and maintaining data infrastructure, including data lakes, data warehouses, and real-time streaming platforms.
- Designing and implementing data models and schemas for efficient data storage and retrieval.
- Ensuring the scalability, availability, and fault-tolerance of big data systems through proper configuration, monitoring, and performance tuning.
- Identifying and evaluating new technologies, tools, and frameworks to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of big data processing.
- Implementing data security and privacy measures to protect sensitive information throughout the data lifecycle.
- Knowledge of distributed computing principles and technologies, such as HDFS, YARN, and containerization (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Understanding of real-time streaming technologies and frameworks, such as Kafka (Confluent) or Apache Flink.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to optimize and tune big data processing systems for performance and scalability.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
Nice to Haves:
- Leadership skills: guiding and mentoring junior members, coordinating projects and collaborating with other teams.
- Problem solving: Dealing with complex challenges, optimizing data pipelines and ensuring data quality and troubleshooting issues.
- Domain Knowledge:Having understanding of the hospitality industry can greatly enhance your ability to design and build effective data pipelines.
- Data Architecture Expertise: Contributing to designing data architecture and system and having deep understanding of data storage and ability to design a robust, scalable and maintainable architecture is a valuable skill.
- Performance Optimization: Being able to optimize the performance of data pipelines is a crucial skill such as query optimization, indexing, caching and data partitioning and sharding.
- Data Governance and compliance: having an understanding of different data governance principles and compliance regulations such as GDPR and HIPAA is very important.
- Programming knowledge: Knowledge of Python and SQL is essential, familiarity with Java and other languages is a plus.
- Experience working with a remote-first and globally distributed team
- Experience with CI/CD tooling, including GitHub Actions and Build Workflows
- Knowledge of Confluent and AWS
- Knowledge of Spotify orgs and terminology
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Property Management System | HotelTechReport (2021, 2022)
- Best Hotel Management Software | HotelTechReport (2022)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020, 2022)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations in the hiring process. We encourage deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind, and deaf-disabled individuals to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our HR team by phone at 858-201-7832 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cloudbeds will provide an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter where needed as a reasonable accommodation for the hiring processes.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Cloudbeds. Staffing, recruiting agencies, and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit applications, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Cloudbeds does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Cloudbeds employees, or any other company location. Cloudbeds is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.