As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Digital Origin analytics architecture, technology stack and all its underlying processes.
As Digital Origin is scaling up quickly we are looking for a new member to our Data Engineering department. The Data Engineering team at DO is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining our data platform, which takes the data from our production systems and makes it available to perform analytics.
You will closely collaborate with backend engineers as well as data scientists to create robust, scalable pipelines putting analytical solutions ready to generate reports and insights, and prediction models to be used in production.
What you will bring
- A degree such as computer science, math or physics
- Experience managing ETL processes with large data sets
- Advanced SQL skills: complex queries with strong performance requirements
- 1-2 years of experience programming with Java language
- Experience on the AWS ecosystem (Redshift, SQS, Lambda, Data Pipeline...)
- Interest on serverless architectures
- Experience with workflow managers (AWS Data Pipeline, Airflow, Oozie, Luigi…)
- Easy to work with and agile enthusiast
- Careful with performance, testability and design
- Problem solver & fast learner mindset. Willing to know new tools and innovate.
- Scala, Python or R is a plus
- Experience on infrastructure-as-code frameworks is as plus (Terraform, CloudFormation, Docker…)
- Experience on financial sector from a Data point of view
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB preferably)
- Knowledge on event based systems and message brokers (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ...)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, Kanban)