Hi there! We are SeQura, an innovative, fast-growing fintech company based in sunny Barcelona. Born in 2013, we are the preferred BNPL payment platform in Southern Europe for over 1 million shoppers, we help people buy things they love, paying in an instant, fair and flexible way.
Humanizing financial services is our main mantra, and that’s why our actions and work are based on transparency, ambition, respect, and collaboration. We are a big community formed by not only us but more than 4.000 Merchants who offer our payment methods to more than 1 million Shoppers, the ones who have led us to the highest NPS in our industry in Spain.
Do you want to improve the world, collaborate with people’s wellness and be part of this challenging journey? Keep reading!
We have an exciting new opening for a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing team of data and analytics experts. You will play a key role in designing and developing our data ecosystem, big data pipelines, data tooling, and processes. You will also help make our data accessible, reliable, and efficient to query.
You will directly contribute to improving our current architecture, research, and implementing new components, as well as being involved in the process of converting our Data team into a high-performance and self-managed team with a Product mindset.
If you're a proactive, determined, detail-oriented, and hands-on person who wants to help improve Sequra's product having ownership and exposure to work hand in hand with seasoned professionals in a collaborative environment, this is the perfect place for you.
We have amazing growth opportunities and a solid customized career plan for you. We also offer relocation and remote work while also having the possibility to come to our AMAZING offices and be given the best equipment to work with.
What we offer… 🙂
- Competitive salary
- Relocation to Barcelona with Work Visa (Paperwork and Immigration services are on us) 💥
- Real flexible working hours
- Remote work + Office commodities.
- All the equipment you need to work comfortably. Our standard office set-up consists of a stand-up desk, comfy chair, MacBook Pro, and a 27" external display.
- Beautiful 3 floor office building based on a bike-friendly location in the center of Barcelona with a big terrace and plenty of nice places nearby
- Personal budget for conferences, courses, books, and professional development
- 10% of the time to work on any project you're interested in
- We take part in and offer workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, and tech talks to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development.
Perks & Benefits
Free fruit 🍊, coffee ☕ and drinks 🍻 at our amazing cafeteria.
Monthly after works and annual events (Summer🌞, Christmas🎄, and many more!🎉).
Flexible compensation plan in transportation, restaurants, kindergarten…💰
We want to take care of your professional development, for example, with English and Spanish classes.📖
23 vacation days + 2 days of free disposal per year.✈️
Health insurance discounts.🤒🩺
Plus, we guarantee
- A high degree of autonomy.
- Transparency and open culture.
- A tangible impact on the product and also on the company culture.
- We are always open to exploring new technologies and tools.
How your day to day would look like... 🧐
Finding the best tools or solutions in order to give response to new needs from the company.
Developing complex and efficient pipelines to transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components of our Data Lake and Datawarehouse.
Participating in converting the Data Team from a Tech Team to a Product Team.
Increasing actual Data Flow with external data sources and streaming data.
Working closely with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and the whole Engineering team to ensure high data quality and find new opportunities.
Helping implement Data Governance in the Data infrastructure working closely with the DevOps team.
Optimizing and improving existing features or data processes for performance and stability.
You’ll be a good fit if you have… 🙂
Good knowledge of Apache Spark, specially PySpark.
Demonstrable experience (2+ years) working as a Data Engineer on AWS cloud or similar.
Quality and detail-oriented with a keen eye for accuracy. We need to trust all the data delivered by the team.
Have an analytical mind and make your decisions based on the data available.
Strong SQL knowledge. You can write complex queries and optimize them for performance, scalability, and ease of maintenance.
Relational Databases like PostgreSQL.
Used to work with code versioning tools like Git.
Familiar with Zeppelin or Jupyter notebooks.
Write efficient, well-tested code with a keen eye on scalability and maintainability.
Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication.
Fluent spoken and written English.
It would be nice if you also have... 🤭
Experience in the following technologies: AWS Glue and Apache Airflow.
Data Modeling: Snowflake or Star Schema
Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Kafka and Spark Streaming
Redshift, PostgreSQL (RDS).
Git / GitHub
Fluent spoken and written Spanish.
You’re going to be a match if you are... 🤗
- Agile: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can deliver quality work quickly and with grace
- Growth Mindset: eager to create new processes, new teams, and interdisciplinary exchange
- Proactive, accountable, analytical, and pragmatic
- Someone with high attention to detail/product ownership
- A team player.
- A good communicator.
- Motivativated to learn and grow.
- Passionate for driving change and efficiency with partners of different disciplines.
Which are the next steps?
Interview with People Team
Technical take-home assessment
Live Peer review of the assessment
Meet the team & CTO
Why choose SeQura?
Right now we are going through an amazing moment, we are opening new markets such as Southern Europe and LATAM, and that’s why we are looking for ambitious and passionate people who want to join our healthy culture, made up of a high-performance team of about 200 employees.
In SeQura we promote an equal opportunity to all, regardless of age, color, gender identity, medical condition, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic. We love to have an inclusive environment, and respect is above all.
What we do is give shoppers tools with which they buy freely, without long processes, in more fair and transparent conditions, and without small print. The future of payment in ecommerce is in what is fair and transparent, in what is common sense.