Stuart is a leading last mile delivery platform that connects small and big businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. We empower thousands of companies across Europe by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We work across verticals with retailers, grocery stores, restaurants and e-commerce merchants to enable smarter transportation models.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to take part in the scaling of our data platform and support the company’s growth.
Our Data Engineering team is distributed across 2 locations: Barcelona (Carrer de Pau Claris) and Paris (Avenue des Ternes). Stuart is a remote friendly company, with a team of more than 75 engineers across Europe.
Our stack currently includes technologies like Apache Airflow, Docker, Apache Kafka, Jenkins, etc. and we extensively use AWS products like S3, Redshift and Athena.
- Design, implement and maintain a solid Data Lake and Data Warehouse that collects, stores and processes data, focusing on scalability and reliability.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence and Data Science teams to help them design and build machine-learning algorithms and tooling to explore and visualise data.
- Grow with us and share: https://medium.com/stuart-engineering 🤓
- Fluency in English
- 3+ years experience working with Python
- 3+ years of experience design and implementing data platforms
- Experience with Apache Kafka or other streaming platforms
- Experience with query engines like AWS Athena, Hive, SparkSQL or similar technologies
Nice to have
- Experience in designing data lakes in Amazon S3
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience with Java/Scala
- Experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, Flink or similar technologies
- Experience with data quality processes
- Great compensation package
- Good work-life balance: work from home, flexible hours
- Learning and training opportunities
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong 🚀
- Meal vouchers - Tickets restaurant
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class
- Excellent private health care
“Logistics for a sustainable world.” That is the mission at the heart of Stuart Delivery. While customer expectations around the delivery experience are skyrocketing, cities are limiting traditional logistics methods to improve congestion, pollution and liveability. The convergence of these two trends means that a disruptive approach to last mile delivery is not a nice-to-have but rather an inevitability.
Stuart sits at the crossroads of the future, using our best-in-class proprietary dispatch technology to connect small and big businesses alike to a shared fleet of geolocalised couriers. The result? Efficient, reliable, eco-friendly delivery to help retailers to meet their customers’ demands.
We launched in 2015 with a big vision and a handful of clients. 5 years later couriers on our platform complete tens of millions of deliveries annually for the biggest brands across retail, ecommerce, grocery and food.
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Stuart mission is to become the on-demand delivery leader in every supercity of the world through a simpler, quicker and cheaper transportation model.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… Stuart strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. They operate from their headquarters in Barcelona, as in Paris, Brussels, London and Berlin, the first cities they'll ride through.
Co-Founded in 2015 by D. Leca (Sparrow founder acquired by Google in 2012), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.