carwow makes choosing and buying your perfect car easy and enjoyable. By comparing the best offers from our top local and national dealers, you get the car you want, from the dealer you like best, at a price that’s right for you.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London (Victoria), Munich, and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We've just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times' Top 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced Senior Clojure Engineers to work in a new engineering led team to help build out our core platform. The team will work on a greenfield project to build services managing our core data and pricing calculations to enable our product teams to iterate quickly on consumer facing features.
Why you should work at carwow
Our Development teams work within a fluid Agile environment. Well structured, readable code and a strong emphasis on TDD are key to us here. Our site has over 3 million unique visitors per month, usability, data science & analytics and performance are key to us in order to remain competitive in the modern tech scene.
Continuous learning is extremely important to us and we’re keen to learn and have regular study groups - at the moment we are running an internal weekly Elm coding dojo.
Every Friday, our team of Developers are given the freedom to take a break from the backlog and work on something of interest that contributes to the technical maturity and stability of our codebase. This could be by refactoring a particularly tricky part of the codebase, exploring a new framework to solve some our existing problems or even developing a new tool to help make life easier for the team.
- A brand new laptop — developers usually use Macbook Pros or Dell XPS 13s with their favourite flavour of Linux (feel free to ask for what allows you to do your job best)
- A budget towards peripherals and equipment (most of our developers end up getting mechanical keyboards with theirs)
- Want training? We’ve got weekly German language classes, presentation skills training, management training and yoga classes
- Flexible working offered
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
- Competitive salary and you'll receive equity in the business
- 25 days holiday, a training budget and work from home 1 day a week
- A chance to work in a truly data-driven environment. We A/B test extensively and data is core to our decision making process
- Get to work with a highly experienced team on a high traffic site
- Continuous delivery - every push to master goes straight to production (assuming the tests have passed!)
- Regular team lunches, free fruit and fancy coffee on tap (and tea!)
- Annual company ski trip - this year we went to Austria!
- A sociable team with monthly office-wide events - check out our Instagram
- Friday wine/beers
- Netball, football, tennis and dodge ball teams