We are looking for a Senior Blockchain Engineer who will report directly to the VP of Blockchain Engineering and who will help develop core blockchain node software for the Moonbeam Network (https://moonbeam.network/). We are creating a public, permissionless, developer oriented blockchain that will be part of the Polkadot network, and that facilitates integration and compatibility with Ethereum. Development will be done primarily in Rust using the Substrate framework.
The ideal candidate is an experienced backend developer that has low level programming experience in Rust, C, or C++, and who is familiar with developing, testing, and troubleshooting blockchain network protocols. In this position you will have the opportunity to design and build software that involves a wide variety of considerations including cryptography, security, networking, game theory, economics, finance, political science, and programming language design.
We are a product and technology led company that targets developers as customers. This is your opportunity to participate in the complete development of a blockchain, including bringing your ideas and experience into its design. You will also be joining a pre-launch network at an early stage that is strategically positioned within the growing Polkadot ecosystem. Reach out to us if you are interested in helping to drive a multi-chain future where cross chain integration opens new opportunities, enables new efficiencies, and brings communities together.
- Contribute to the design of the blockchain protocol and features.
- Develop key parts of a strongly resilient blockchain runtime.
- Ensure code quality and software reliability through automated test implementations and processes.
- Participate in automated deployment and operations of multiple blockchain networks.
- Assist with the integration of existing tools and services into the blockchain
- Assist with supporting developers using the platform on an as needed basis.
- Communicate regularly and clearly with other team members and also with other ecosystem participants.
- Create high quality software documentation and other written assets to document and explain the system design and how the system functions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, 5+ years of relevant programming experience.
- Experience with Parity Substrate is a big plus.
- Experience with Rust is a big plus.
- Experience with core client development for crypto or blockchain based systems is a big plus.
- Experience with Solidity / Ethereum / EVM is a plus.
- Experience with systems programming languages such as Go, C, or C++ a plus.