We are a rapidly growing social game developer, with top ranked games on Mobile and Facebook. We have over 50 million fans playing our games all over the world.
There are about 350 of us creating super cool games in our offices, located 10 minutes from the beach, in beautiful sunny Barcelona.
Last year we were acquired by Take Two Interactive (GTA, Bioshock, XCom…) and have been expanding our activities, creating exciting new opportunities for top people to join our teams.
What will you do
As a Big Data Engineer you will help build the architecture that drives our business.
You will design and implement scalable systems that can handle 50K events per second, that’s 40TB of compressed data, processing 100s of batch processes and visualized by powerful homegrown front end tools.
You will work closely with awesome developers and data scientists to make Social Point’s BI tools and architecture the best in the industry.
This is you
- Professional, passionate about video games, problem solver, proactive, team worker, rigorous and data oriented.
- You are smart, creative and pragmatic. You love researching the newest advances and finding practical ways to integrate them into your work.
- You work fast without forgetting quality, quickly understand existing code and learning new concepts easily.
- You understand Data Engineering is also about solving business problems, not just technical ones.
You must have
- 2+ years experience designing and implementing Big Data solutions in TBs scale. Preferably using Spark and Big Data/Columnstore DBs (Redshift, Presto, Vertica …).
- 2+ years Experience implementing large scale ETL architecture, supporting multiple data sources (internal and external) and multiple use cases (product analytics, marketing, statistical modeling, executive dashboards).
- You know the difference between a Data Lake and a Data Warehouse, and when to use which.
- You have strong dimensional modeling skills and know how to design the best data model for each type of use case (ad-hoc, dashboards, statistics ..).
- Excellent SQL skills, you can optimize a query for a specific database and understand the different capabilities of open source DBs and vendor DBs.
- You work fast and can pivot quickly, know how to work in a startup environment and balance quality code with fast results.
- You love to learn new technology and solve new challenges. Ideally you have experience implementing graph DBs (gremlin, neo4j)
What we offer you:
First of all, we can offer you a challenging and fun role within a cool team!
Sounds like what other companies also say they have? Hold on, here’s what’s more:
- You’ll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- “Mens sana in corpore sano” is the Latin for “a healthy mind in a healthy body”. Our SocialPointers get a healthy Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus! Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day but of course you also get a private medical insurance, just in case.
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues, drop by our hairdresser’s to get ready (and forget your wallet).
- People development is key for us: coupling an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility programs you get real growth opportunities!
If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on and on... so get your game on and apply now!