Business Intelligence empowers Fyber’s analytical capabilities by processing an extensive data stream. The core task is translating raw data into reports and dashboards which support business processes and drive quantitative decision making. The team works closely with all major stakeholders in the company to continuously improve our analytical capabilities and positively impact our business outcome.
As Business Intelligence Engineer, you will maintain, design and extend our platform. The team orchestrates a large number of data integration processes and maintains a scalable data warehouse. The challenge is finding simple and elegant solutions to maintain a large set of interdependent processes and a complicated stack of business logic applied to the raw data. Regardless of its complexity, the system architecture must still allow Business Analysts and stakeholders to easily trace back the data transformation pipeline. Business Intelligence Engineers value this transparency since it ensures good quality of reported metrics and continuous conversations about further developments.
- Embrace agile development and permanently exchange ideas with our Business Analysts and stakeholders. Regard technology as a mere tool for solving business problems.
- Maintain our technical infrastructure: AWS Redshift data warehouse, Pentaho data pipelines, Tableau server, Pentaho custom reports, Python support scripts.
- Continuously and pro-actively refactor our data warehouse and processes to ensure a coherent, logical and comprehensible technical architecture.
- Maintain and improve support data service processes like providing data to Oracle for billing, to Salesforce for updating client profiles or to strategic clients for custom reporting.
- Understand business needs and see opportunities to provide reporting or statistical analysis. Design and evolve our data warehouse to broaden our analytical capabilities.
- Resolve data discrepancies and definition mismatches. Ensure that the Business Intelligence data warehouse is the single source of truth for our company data.
- Master degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics or a similar field.
- 3+ years of experience working on BI related topics including maintenance of ETL processes and data warehouse administration.
- You are good at breaking down complex problems into a coherent set of simple and logical solutions. You like to find these solutions in conversations together with your colleagues.
- You can work towards a strategic goal by implementing a series of small steps without losing sight of the big picture. You are not afraid to permanently make adjustments to the initial plan.
- You are able to structure your thoughts and explain the idea behind complex technical challenges (even to an audience with limited technical background) in fluent English.
- You are proficient in SQL and familiar with concepts of database design. Experience with distributed analytics databases like Apache Impala or Amazon Redshift is a plus.
- You are familiar with Unix systems, GitHub and deployment processes. You are good at scripting in Python and designing development projects. Experience with Ruby is a plus.
- Experience with JIRA, Pentaho and Tableau server is a plus, but not a must.
What we do:
Fyber is a leading mobile advertising technology company. We are devoted to solving the fundamental business challenge faced by freemium app and game developers, generating sustainable revenue streams through ad monetization across all connected devices. Built by developers for developers, our unified platform serves approximately 330+ million monthly active users and empowers thousands of the world’s leading app developers and publishers to integrate, manage and optimize all ad revenue sources across mediation, exchange and ad serving. We are investing for the long term to build the platform that will fuel the app economy of the future.
What we offer:
- Learn and grow with some of the best experts in the industry.
- Use the latest technologies for scalable data warehousing and see how modern, agile Business Intelligence impacts the fast-growing mobile ad industry.
- Work with a high-growth, publicly traded company (with over 250 employees in six years) in the heart of Berlin.
- Join a friendly, culturally diverse team (+44 nationalities) where people value excellence, team spirit, passion, courage, pragmatism and accountability.
- The financial stability of a larger company, but, with all of the perks of a cool Berlin start-up like food/drinks, laid back culture, and fab office space.