Who we are
Synaptiv is revolutionising the connected car industry, leveraging the data streamed off vehicles to build a host of innovative services which deliver unique insights around real time weather, hyperlocal air pollution monitoring and road quality assessment. We are pioneering the use of Big Data to solve real world problems, helping our customers to dramatically transform their business.
Synaptiv is backed by InMotion, the venture capital arm of Jaguar Land Rover. We have built a sophisticated cloud mobility platform that pulls in large volumes of real time data from vehicles and leverages advanced data science techniques to power actionable insights and unique services.
We are now looking for an experienced Backend Developer to join our talented team. You will help to scale the platform as we increase the amount of vehicle data being streamed through Kinesis to our API backend. Building a solid ingestion infrastructure in AWS from querying third party API endpoints to storing and surfacing vehicle data to our customers through our own API servers.
You’ll be a confident self-starter and comfortable with a lot of autonomy. You will be working with our data scientists and CTO to design and build platforms capable of ingesting and querying volumes of data that could run into the petabytes.
We’re looking for an exceptional talent who is motivated by a challenge. If you have a passion for platform architecture, a solid understanding of server-side languages like Scala, Java and TypeScript (Python and Ruby are a bonus), are naturally curious, and have problem solving in your DNA, this could be the role for you.
Who we’re looking for:
- Other languages are a bonus: Scala, Java, Python, Ruby
- Comfortable with both relational and non-relational database architectures
- Experience in building API servers (REST and others) and TCP/IP, HTTP
- Good understanding of AWS cloud technologies and deployment strategies (Gitlab pipelines, CloudFormation is a bonus)
- Worked with Serverless paradigm and believes it's the future
- Collaborative, willing to constantly learn and an attitude to "leave things better than you found them"
- Be part of a mission-driven, venture-backed startup solving real world problems
- Flat hierarchy with autonomy over role and flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday a year
- Great culture and large growth opportunity
If you think you have what it takes then we want to hear from you. So, if you’re excited by the opportunity then apply online now!
By applying to this position, you agree to allow InMotion Ventures Ltd (Abbey Road, Coventry, CV3 4LF, email@example.com) to collect, store and process your resume, contact details and any other personal data that you submit. If InMotion is providing recruitment services to a third-party, you also extend this permission our end client.
We will process this data for recruitment purposes only. The data will be stored in our Applicant Tracking System, (which stores data in the U.S and is fully compliant with EU data protection laws), and we will not share it with anyone else.
We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled and may choose to keep it in our database for future roles for up to 24 months.