Ubeeqo is a European start-up specializing in mobility and fleet solutions for both corporates and consumers. Founded in 2008, Ubeeqo is about disrupting the way we think about getting places. The absurdity of car ownership in an urban environment. We see a world where getting where you want to go is possible in a different way. Where mobility is fluid, shared, and connected. A car only when you need it.
Ubeeqo is all about the move from car ownership to car usage. To achieve this ambition, Ubeeqo offers individuals or SMEs on-street cars scattered in the city centers of main European capitals. With an innovative and easy-to-use app, book a car from a few hours to a few days and you are ready to go!
Our corporate solutions offer companies innovative ways in which to meet their mobility needs and optimize business. Through our web platform, we offer a simpler and more efficient way to get a company going: from company cars to car rental, from taxis to trains. Our goal: to optimize our clients’ (L’oréal, Airbus, Danone, Michelin} performance and generate savings, while respecting the environment.
Ubeeqo is still at the beginning of an epic journey. The team is young, skilled and growing fast.
How we work
We work in a startup-like manner, in small scrum teams of 4-7. Every team member is encouraged to take full ownership of their part of the platform but also to contribute ideas, suggestions and code to other areas of the business. We believe that features have no value until they are in production adding value to our customers so teams deploy fast and often.
The tech team is building something that has never been built before so we're always trying to think outside the box.
What we are looking for
A passionate, skilled Senior Backend Python Developer to lead and develop sustainable data transformation software with current new gen data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers. The candidate will work in Ubeeqo Data Science Squad, leading it’s own team focused on data transformation software.
This role requires a highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership, technical and analytical expertise.
- Lead and develop our Internal Data Migration Software (ETL Software).
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures.
- Create custom software components and analytics applications.
- Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together.
- Experience working and effectively collaborating with reporting, operations and technology teams.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems and databases.
- Bachelor’s degree and/ or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- At least three years experience with Python required.
- At least three years managing SQL technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL and MySQL).
- Experience working with docker or other container technologies.
- Comfortable working with complex data sets.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to convey ideas in an effective manner.
- Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git.
- Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively.
- Experience leading mid-size teams.
It’s a plus if:
- You have experience developing parallel computing.
- You have experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL processes.