What’s your approach to engineering? “In this internet based economy every Software Engineer is a polyglot by necessity. We’re required to switch technologies efficiently, relying on our fundamental engineering skillset to progress. That’s not to say we should all be generalists, specialists are also needed, but the core and fundamental skills of a specialist can be applied in many technologies.”
– Skyscanner Senior Architect & Tribe Lead
Our senior engineers and squad leads are the backbone of our business. Technically leading their teams, they build the engines that power Skyscanner. Platforms that can cope with the millions of user visits every day. We’re always looking for exceptional engineers to join them. We need those with proven experience of building web services using a range of internet technologies. Robust, scalable solutions that you’re prepared to hang your reputation on.
If your engineering ability isn’t up for debate, but your approach is always up for discussion, we’re keen to speak with you.
You can offer us:
A hunger to continually learn and innovate, a desire to meet challenges, a passion for product, end users and particularly technical leadership as well as experience in scalable web architecture, web technologies and Agile practices.
We can offer you:
An excellent career move.
A space within an autonomous Agile squad.
The space to be trusted to do what you do best and to make decisions that matter.
The potential to build big things.
The thrill of writing great code and seeing it go live.
The opportunity to build something that millions of people see and use every day.
What do you need to apply?
We’re looking for people across all levels of experience and we’re more concerned with what you can do than what you have done. As a minimum, a Computer Science degree or similar; experience in a web economy or other tech environment; proficiency in object-oriented programming, REST web services, automated testing, distributed systems, AWS and database technologies.
- - ‘Skyscanner University’ offers a range of courses for tech and business topics.
- - At Skyscanner there’s no clocking in and there’s no bell at the end of the day, they prefer to give you the freedom and autonomy to do your job, add value and own your work.
- - Better than average annual leave in all office locations.
- - There’s enhanced maternity and paternity leave and a flexible working policy to encourage and enable a healthy work-life balance.