Who we are
At Transparent, we gather information from major short term rental market places and online travel agents to build a unique and massive amount of data that we crunch to create meaningful information for our users. From our unique and massive database built and refined over time, we deliver analyses, reports and supply data to our customers.
If you enjoy building products, working across the stack, and interested in joining a team solving both technical and business problems ranging from data science, all the way up to sales strategy, this is your gig.
Our team members are based out in Madrid and Los Angeles.
What you'll be doing
- Design and maintain the web crawling systems to integrate new platforms or improve the existing crawling mechanisms.
- Implementation and improvements of data processing techniques needed to give meaningfulrepresentations of the gathered information.
- Optimization of existing resources to minimize computation times and system requirements.
- Ensure the security of the platform in terms of system administration, crawling anonymity and undesired data leaks.
- Collaboration in front end tools to represent the output information or to allow the use of human intelligence tasks for data labeling.
Who we're looking for:
We’re looking for talented, passionate, and pragmatic Node.js developer. You’ll join our growing team of developers in Spain, but will be a confident communicator in English, and will be comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Core skills and experience we are looking for:
- Backend - proven experience developing large scale backend services in node.js
- Database- you have a solid understanding of mongodb or other document oriented databases
- General - you are comfortable using git or svn and the command line, and have worked in a collaborative environment with a team of developers
Bonus points if:
- Backend - you have experience with other server languages like Go, Python or C++
- Database - from the experiences you have had, you know the pros and cons of SQL vs NoSQL and have worked with both database systems
What we offer:
- Salary: €28K - €45K
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global startup
- A vibrant international team
- Stock Options
- Flexible working hours and a possibility to work remotely some days of the week
- Modern and spacious office in the heart of Madrid