Lingokids is a well-funded, fast-growing edtech startup changing the face of early childhood language education. We’ve taught over two million kids in 170 countries since our launch last year.
Lingokids is looking for a battle-tested backend developer with experience designing and creating robust backend systems that will communicate with our games and website. They are responsible for estimation, design, code development, debugging, testing, integration, and documentation of these systems. This developer is expected to lead other team members and be highly proactive.
- Relentless in finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- At least 5 years experience creating, fixing, maintaining, and expanding backend systems
- Ruby on Rails (very good knowledge + clean coding)
- A solid grasp of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, databases, development, and testing methodologies (TDD with RSpec)
- Databases: MySQL, Redis
- GIT version control (good knowledge)
- Experience developing APIs and integrating third party API services
- Proactive, accountable, flexible, analytical, pragmatic
- High motivation to learn and grow
What you’ll do
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise elegant solutions
- Lead and manage a team of backend developers
Our mission is to change the way young children learn, this should drive you too.
What will you find here?
Flexible working, a young team, a great atmosphere and loads of opportunities.
- A fun team with great camaraderie
- Competitive salary and a generous Stock Options package
- Language classes
- Flexible working hours
- Plenty of perks (lunches, happy hours, snacks…)
- Lunch & Learns
- Team off-sites
- Office in central Madrid!
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!