Lingokids has brilliant software engineers who have expertise in product engineering, data engineering, machine learning, and in general building cool products.
Lingokids needs a battle-tested backend developer with experience designing and creating robust backend systems that will communicate with our games and website. You are responsible for estimation, design, code development, debugging, testing, integration, and documentation of these systems.
Your role is to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code; identify bottlenecks and bugs while devising elegant solutions; lead and manage a team of backend developers.
• Relentless in finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
• At least 5 years experience creating, fixing, maintaining, and expanding backend systems
• Ruby on Rails (very good knowledge + clean coding)
• A solid grasp of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, databases, development, and testing methodologies (TDD with RSpec)
• Databases: MySQL, Redis
• GIT version control (good knowledge)
• Experience developing APIs and integrating third party API services
• Proactive, accountable, flexible, analytical, pragmatic
• High motivation to learn and grow
Our mission is to change the way young children learn, this should drive you too.
What will you find here?
Flexible working, a young team, a great atmosphere and loads of opportunities.
• A fun and young team with great camaraderie
• Competitive salary and a generous Stock Options package
• Language classes
• Flexible working hours
• Plenty of perks (lunches, happy hours, snacks…)
• Lunch & Learns
• Team off-sites
• Office in central Madrid!