Wevat is a tech startup that is digitising tax free shopping, helping tourists to get VAT back more easily. The vision is to create a best-in-class service, removing inconvenience and reducing fees to make it fun and fair to reclaim VAT.
So far, Wevat has secured key partnerships with Travelex, WeChat Pay and are working closely with tax authorities in the UK, with the view to expand into other European countries in 2019. Wevat was a winner in the 2017 London Tech Week Alibaba Cloud Pitch Competition as well as a finalist in the LVMH Innovation Awards 2017. Wevat is backed by VCs, and has raised around £500,000 of funding so far.
Ahead of our seed round, we’re looking for a backend engineer who enjoys writing beautiful code, and gets off on setting up robust infrastructures.
Ideally we want somebody with at least 4 years experience in backend
development and who has a strong knowledge of the following stack (in
- Java 8
- Spring Boot
- Continuous delivery (Jenkins, Git)
- HTML & CSS
- Experience in reactive programming
- PDF generation
- OCR technologies
The following things will also be important in the role:
- Full ownership of existing micro-service infrastructure
- Setting up continuous delivery and automatic release pipelines
- Reassessment of current system on security, performance and cost
- Design of relevant documentation and knowledge base material
- Working closely with the founders to understand the multiplex that is tax refunds
- A mindset for continuous improvement