What is AGORA?
We are a team of professional creatives on a mission to democratize the world of photography. We're disrupting the industry, enabling people to make money with their best photos - without commissions and with no middlemen.
What we want to achieve
Everyone has a camera and now everyone can share their world with our community of millions. We're building a marketplace where users have the freedom to buy and sell the most amazing images. We're creating an app that empowers people everywhere, inspiring them to learn and to showcase their work.
How we do it?
Our model is as unique as our community. AGORA's marketplace is free of intermediaries so that photographers get 100% of the money from a sale and buyers can get images cheaper, with no subscription or extra fees. Photographers upload their best shots to the app and participate in contests sponsored by brands to win money, life-changing experiences and other rewards. Users vote for the best photos, having fun while curating quality content.
As Backend Engineer you will:
• Work in a multidisciplinary tech team. Communicate effectively with your colleagues as part of the team.
• Improve and apply best practices on software development and increasing our tech culture.
• Work within agile methodology.
• Plan and execute complex software projects, taking care of scale, performance, reliability and security
of the final result on production systems.
• Share knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team.
• Actively interested in learning more about technology, and keeping up to date with new
• Have fun with all your teammates!
What we’re looking for:
• Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineers or similar degree
• Be able to quickly pick up and work on new requirement.
• Knowledge of modern version control tools (git, bitbucket), and how to use them effectively (proper
commit messages, code review).
• Familiarity with shell scripting and command line tools.
• Be confortable with serverless systems.
• Be confortable with containers and orchestrators like Docker and Kubernetes.
• General knowledge of AWS cloud would be a plus.
• Problem solving mindset and open minded on technologies.
• NodeJs and Typescript.
• Experience in DevOps would be a plus.
• Nice to have previous experience on some of this technologies: AWS/DynamoDB, AWS/S3, AWS/
ApiGateway, AWS/Lambda, Elasticsearch stack.
About Agora Images