We are looking for a Backend and DevOps Engineer who will be working on our data processing infrastructure. You will implement solutions that reliably handle massive streams of data, use the latest algorithms to continuously analyze that data, and provide meaningful insights to patients and doctors.
You will work closely with our iOS and Machine Learning teams to deliver the highest quality user experience. You love the deep dark depths of the backend, you plan your attack in detail and know the tips 'n' tricks so you can forge consistent and desirable experiences across our APIs.
You can work within a fast, creative environment, are not afraid to break things and know how to fix them afterwards. You'll be responsible for the research and development of rock solid and secure systems that serve up content to our data hungry internal and external users.
You will be responsible for the continuous integration cycle and the automated deployment of awesome new services. You will set up and tune monitoring services able to spot any bug that dares getting into our beloved systems or detect resource hungry services that need to be fed or improved.
- Demonstrated capability to build and maintain large backend services
- Experience with designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- High proficiency with Python, especially asynchronous code
- Strong English communication skills to communicate effectively with the team
- Experience setting up complex cloud-based environments including GCP or AWS
- Experience using Docker and container management tools, preferably Kubernetes
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with Git (and GitHub) using common workflows
- Experience setting up systems monitoring solutions
- Sound knowledge of security best practices
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly motivated, interdisciplinary team with backgrounds in machine learning, software development, medicine and business. You will benefit from a communicative, stimulating, and inspiring environment. We offer a competitive salary and equity options. We do work that matters, join our journey!