Something is changing in Naturitas. The company is getting a brand new face. We are growing, enlarging teams, tapping on new markets, adding new product lines and we know that if we want to catch up with these changes, we need to migrate our legacy systems (Magento) to something more scalable/maintainable and, specially, something that perfectly fits our business model and operations (and not the other way around).
We have planned to migrate our system to a monolithic approach based on Django 2.0 + Python 3 to then slowly decomposite it on different microservices (event-based). The stack of technologies used are: Django 2.0, Python 3, Odoo (OpenERP), PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch 5, Redis, Varnish, Celery and all of them running on AWS.
In our case time-to-market is key (that's the main reason why we have opted for an initial monolithic aproach). That's why we are internalizing all the capabilities related to product development. Nowadays, our product team is formed by: 1 product owner, 3 backend developers, 1 devops, 1 frontend developer, 1 UX/UI designer, 1 QA and 1 SEO specialist, even though we keep hiring more people every week.
We are looking for a backend developer with more than 4 years of experience working with Python to join our development team.
What will you do?
- Study, design, implement and maintain new
functionalities/applications. You will be the owner of these, from
conceptionalization and discussion with the product owner about more
strategic issues, going through coordination with different team
members, until the implementation, testing, deployment, bug-fixing,
optmisiation and monitoring.
- You will have your own opinion and criteria to share with us about the apps of the rest of the team. This is what we expect from you, to have a critical mindset. We don't believe on "silos", but instead we strive to a collaborative work environment where each member brings his/her own view to the table.
- You will be involved on the projects that you feel more interested on within everything related to the ecommerce world (checkout, product catalogue, automated content generation for SEO, user area, request optimisation, search engine, product suggestion, crm, demand prediction, operations within the warehouse, inbound and outbound logistics, back office, etc.)
What do we expect from you?
- You are a ninja (in all senses of the work) programming in Python with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- You develop unitary tests for anything you code.
- Your code is clean, easy to follow, well structured and with proper documentation. Let us enjoy of your code review sessions!!
- Your are really pasionate about developing software wondering all the time how why can improve your code.
- You are constantly learning about new design patterns, programming languages, libraries, architectures, best practices, etc. Whenever it is well argued, you will have freedom to implement new technologies in Naturitas.
- You are capable to inspire and mentor other junior developers. Remember, we all were juniors some time ago.
- You are good people. Probably this is the most important thing of this list.
What would make us cry of happiness?
- You have already worked on an e-commerce/marketplace business with an own platform.
- You are at hall-of-fame of StackOverflow.
- You are hacktivist.
- In your free time you have coded something that is currently used/implemented/played/enjoyed by more than 10k people.
What we don't expect from you?
- To code something frontend-related. Don't worry, nobody will ask for this.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary according to your achievements and experience.
- To be part of a starting project (without legacy code), in a fast-growing well-funded company over break-even, surrounded by a young multi-disciplinary team passionate with everything that does.
- An office in the very center of Barcelona (Eixample) with a nice vibe, healthy spirit and a terrace with barbacue.
- Autonomy and empowerment to lead the development of your own apps.
- Flexibility with your working hours. We assume you are as responsible as we are with your own duties. As long as you delivery, nobody will ask you why did you arrive later and leave earlier. Once the project is more consolidated, we can consider the option of working remotely some days.
- You will have the oportunity to spend part of your time in disrupting and innovative projects.
- The job posting is full-time and do not consider remote candidates.
- We re open to both: freelances and internal hiring.
- We will only consider candidates that hold an EU work permit.