About PandaScore 🚀
PandaScore is the e-sports data provider. We collect real-time data about competitive matches on video games such as League of Legends, Overwatch or Dota 2. Then, we deliver it in real-time as odds & statistics through a REST API and Websockets to the e-sports ecosystem. We currently work with worldwide media, professional teams and score apps to enable the growth of their business with our data!
To collect real time data from e-sports, PandaScore extracts raw data from live video feeds (Twitch, Youtube Live, ...) using a Computer Vision & Deep Learning based software architecture.
PandaScore has been expanding to e-sports betting market for a few months now to become the first data provider in one of the most developed markets in the industry.
Why are we doing all this? 🤷
Sports is huge, no spoiler there. More recently video games have changed the way we experience entertainment (through streaming, easy matchmaking, and so on) and are reaching the same standard as traditional sports. E-sports is experiencing the same evolution as traditional sports has gone through over past decades, but in just a few years. The growth is truly incredible.
At PandaScore we want to help the growth of the industry by providing data and odds to businesses. We want to have the most reliable and accurate data so products can be built in e-sport with the same, if not better, experience as sports. Our customers are using our data in an automatic and real-time way. This means that if we fail in any way there will be a big impact in a few milliseconds. As such, building robust products is key.
We also strongly believe that our combination of AI and Computer Vision can one day make a huge impact not just on e-sports, but on traditional sports as well. We are not closing any doors.
What you’ll do 👇
To facilitate PandaScore’s growth, we are looking for the next PandaScore’s backend developer! Your role will be to build and maintain the next pandascore's microservices with the engineering team in order to drive all technical projects and ensure correct and fast delivery.
What you’ll need 💪
To be a part of PandaScore’s engineering team you will need a wide ranged tech culture.
You’ll need a technical vision of all PandaScore’s products, features (by having a large picture of the whole product, from the frontend to the server infrastructure) and some experience with high SLA services, best practices around testing and verification.
PandaScore’s products & features are mainly used by our customer’s developers. So you will need a good understanding of their needs and empathy at any price.
In short, you are:
- A product engineer: You fully understand the user value, and you will not be building features without having challenged it.
- A strong technologist: you are an expert, and the team can rely on you for any technical issue
- A teacher: You're able to expose your thoughts, explain your technical decision and talk with other non-technical department
- A pragmatist: your solutions are not ivory towers but driven by the context
- A thinker: you are logical, can evaluate a problem quickly, abstract it and propose solutions
- Backend: Elixir/Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS
- Database/MQ: PostgreSQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch...
- Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, GCloud
Bonus points 👌
- Experience with real-time infrastructures.
- Experience with ruby or elixir.
- You are a gamer and love e-sports
- You've built APIs that other engineers love using
What’s in it for you 🎁
- Gaming room (PS4, PCs, Switch)
- Video game credits 🤘
- Central office (Ⓜ️Bonne Nouvelle)
- Other usual perks (health insurance, transportation participation,...)
- Work in a fast-paced, high-growth industry with innovation as our motto
Join us! 🤝
- 40k - 70k€ depending on profile & experience
- No remote
- Paris, 40 rue de l’échiquier
- Start ASAP
What's next? ✌
If you are ready to join us, please apply below by uploading your resume (PDF).
You can expect us to review your application within the following weeks. If your application and profile fit our requirements, we will invite you for in-house interview sessions.