# About us
Rollbox was founded in July 2016 by two computer science engineers. We are a SaaS Payroll API that connects to any human resources system in the world in order to automate and help companies with their payroll processes.
We're building one of the most complex and challenging systems in the world that will digitalize bureaucracy. We have an incredible team of engineers and payroll experts operating in Spain, the United Kingdom, and Germany, and we continue to expand to other countries in Europe.
Goodbye bureaucracies, mistakes, and lost time. Hello automation, speed and simplicity.
As software developer, you will work together with the rest of the development team and the product team in the implementation of new functionalities and in the maintenance of our platform.
You will be surrounded by a hard-working team that loves Rollbox and always willing to learn and improve. We are a two-year-old company, backed by top European VCs, so you'll be part of the first steps of a big and amazing project.
- You will be responsible for the entire development cycle, including research the solution, definition, developing, testing and deployment of each change.
- You can work on a user story autonomously, being able to solve the technical part completely.
- You are able to explain the reasons behind each proposed change, as well as mentor and help your mates.
- Enjoy the work, we like to do things well and improve every day.
# Rollbox DNA
We are very proud of the values of our team and that is why we want to find people with our DNA Rollbox
- Highly innovative. You love to improve things that are already good and take them to the next level.
- Self-organized. Good time-management and personal organizational skills are essential.
- Has an agile/lean mindset.
- Proactive and adaptable .
- You are fluent in english and you would like to work within international team.
- Has a solid technical background.
- Build and mantain excellent relationship with the team.
- Enjoy coding. Who would like to work hard to build the best product and company.
- Enjoy working with people outside your area of expertise. We are very focused on continuous improvement, always promoting good practices and quality.
# What skills and qualifications should you have
- At least 5 years of experience in web development.
- You know about design patterns and you know when to use it. SOLID code 100%.
- You are able to create decoupled and easily testable code.
- You know perfectly at least one of the main frameworks of your favourite language.
- You are able to understand the architecture of a web application and an API.
- You have solid knowledge of SQL.
- You can help and mentor other developers.
- You are used to working in an environment with CI / CD, code reviews and Pull/Merge requests.
# Nice to have
- Your background is Ruby and RoR
- You have developed some kind of API.
- You know how to work with agile methodologies.
- You have used Docker in development and production.
- You feel comfortable working on GitHub (code reviews, pull requests).
- You are used to work with AWS.
# What we offer
- Indefinite contract.
- Salary 45K - 50K.
- Remote friendly (some members of the team work 100% remotely).
- Flexible schedule.
- Weekly english classes.
- Monthly team events.
- Office in Madrid Center (Diego de León / Manuel Becerra).
- In Rollbox we care about learning, so we allocate a part of our budget so that you have training resources.
- High-trust and ownership environment.
- For sure, work in a startup with good traction and highly innovate and fast-paced environment.
- A nice product solving a real problem.