trecker.com is an AgTech startup that digitalizes the oldest industry in the world – agriculture! Our software-as-a-service delivers professional enterprise resource planning. It assists farms in keeping track of their business, improves operations and identifies optimization potential by crunching data.
Our goal is to enable farmers to make data-driven business decisions
Join us in our mission to digitalize agriculture and help us build a product that saves farmers time, money and nerves. Help them say “Hello simplicity, bye bye paperwork!”.
At trecker.com we look for engineers who find smart solutions for complex problems and who love to create meaningful things:
- Move features from the existing RoR application to our Go Microservices
- Understand and consistently improve our codebase
- Work closely with backend, frontend and mobile to design and implement features
- Bring your personal expertise and ideas to help solve problems creatively and effectively
- Explore new technologies to solve problems
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- Excellent knowledge of backend development and technologies, particularly Ruby on Rails; Node.js + Golang are a plus
- Strong knowledge of OOP, REST and Microservices
- Experience with messaging systems, such as RabbitMQ or SQS, and distributed cache systems, such as Redis
- Good knowledge in backend infrastructure technologies like Linux, AWS, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Docker
- Disciplined approach to automated testing and quality assurance
- Prior experience with source control tools – Git, Github
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch is big plus
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Familiarity with native mobile development (iOS/Android) and Web front-end development (HTML5) would be a bonus
- Fluency in English is a must, German would be a plus
Our current tech stack: Rails 4x, Go, React, iOS Swift 2, Android, Postgres, ElasticSearch, REST api, Microservices, Realtime web, AWS, Grape, Webpack, Swagger, Scrum, Jira
7 reasons to join trecker.com
- Challenging tasks that enable you to grow and excel (next year we want to include data from drones and other sensors)
- Cutting-edge tech stack, great test coverage, high code quality and multiple deploys per day
- The chance to revolutionize an entire sector and change the lives of millions
- Team & company events, retreats, and a conference budget
- Above average compensation package + the usual startup perks
- Large development opportunities in a rapidly growing and well-funded startup where people come first
- A passionate and ambitious team that also likes to grab a bite or drink after work
If solving a real issue for millions of people as well as the prospect of building a significant company gets you excited, we’d love to speak with you!
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!