Our mission is to increase the joy of life for relatives, seniors and caretakers. To make our mission come true, our teams in Berlin and Munich develop innovative tablet-based products with domain specific content that brings the care industry into the future. We strive to create real value to our customers by catering to their everyday needs and show them new ways for future care.
In this context, your role as (Senior) Backend Developer (w/m) is to make sure that our platform and products deliver the best possible quality our customers can expect of us. Therefore, you design, implement, operate and continuously improve (new) backend services. In close collaboration with software engineers and Product Team, you are responsible for smooth deployment, continual operations and best possible service experience.
Our team benefits from your curiosity and fresh ideas. You are eager to learn new technologies, languages and improve your approaches to problem solving. At the same time, you take great care for the quality of your own and your teams code, you coach and mentor other team members. You are a technical leader within our organisation and push us forward.
We strive for diversity, inclusion and a rich mix of different backgrounds in our teams. These are crucial values for our future success as a company, a driver for innovation and a must for a sustainable society - therefore we highly encourage every qualified person regardless of gender, age, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender expression or identity to apply for the position.
- Maintain and extend the core Media4Care applications
- Design, implement, operate and iteratively improve new backend services
- Be a technical leader within your team
- Collaborate with other software engineers, QA and Product Team to ensure smooth deployment, continual operations and support for optimal service experience
- Coach and mentor other engineers to increase their abilities and productivity as well as learn from your team mates
- Pro-actively provide code review feedback to other software engineers, considering both style and implementation
- 3+ years experience in backend development (RESTful and Realtime APIs)
- 2+ years experience in Python (Flask + SQLAlchemy) or Go
- 2+ years experience in MVC design pattern or equivalents
- 1+ years experience in Docker
- You are used to working with relational (MySQL) and non relational databases
- Comfortable with writing and maintaining performant SQL queries
- You have worked with a microservice architecture
- Willing to dive into potentially unfamiliar layers of the stack
- Experience in PHP, DevOps (especially Docker Swarm, Jenkins, AWS) or OAuth 2.0 will be appreciated
- Knowledge in working with non relational databases such as MongoDB or PouchDB
- Knowledge in distributed architectures, applications tuning/profiling, and continuous integration are all highly valued
- We offer you a position which combines both personal growth opportunities and a high sense of social value
- Contribute to the growth of a fast scaling purpose driven startup
- Company pension scheme, fitness vouchers and always enough Mate to get you through the day
- Participate in Tech conferences in Europe
- Internal training opportunities such as Tech Talks, Meetups and hackathons
- Work in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln
- German classes, if needed