At Glovo we are constantly looking for talented and passionate engineers to join the team in our Barcelona office.
You are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment. You enjoy tackling different problems and take pride in delivering thought-through, well designed, flexible and easy to use solutions. You work well with other top-level engineers and value constructive feedback that helps you grow as a professional. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with a platform or technology that you don’t know and are always eager to learn something new.
- Join one of the teams (Customer Experience, Logistics, Content and Partners, Growth, B2B, Platform) on a mission of constantly improving the product
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Participate in high-level technical decisions.
- Mentor and empowered other developers around you.
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grow.
- Good English
- 5+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Computer science or similar degree
- Strong Java Skills and deep understanding of the JVM: memory management, profiling, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Object -Oriented Programming and Software architecture, etc.
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in development: Solid Principles, Clean Architecture, etc.
- Deep knowledge of relational databases, database performance concerns, and solutions.
- Understanding of ORMs and other alternatives for relational mapping
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Familiarity with DevOps culture, and at least the basics of infrastructure management and infrastructure as-a-code. You own your code from design to the production.
- Experience with TDD
- Experience running code in the cloud and using laaS and PaaS solutions, especially AWS.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Attractive compensation and equity plan
- Unlimited Glovos (zero delivery fee on your Glovo orders)
- A selection of fresh fruits and snacks.
- Gym membership discounts.
- Weekly team lunches
- Back to School Fridays (it’s all about learning and sharing knowledge)
- Team building activities
- Relocation package
- The opportunity to change the world and see how everyone uses the product you build.
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a great company culture.
Gas: Fear mediocrity over mistakes. Think big, work hard, be proactive, take smart leaps and lead the way.
Good vibes: Build a team of people that radiates positive energy. No assholes allowed: Always be upfront, honest and kind. The road we chose is very bumpy. Stay optimistic no matter what.
Everyone Wins: Don’t settle for growth alone. Build a sustainable Glovo that benefits everyone. Consider how every decision makes for the most positive impact possible in the long-term.
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody has to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We invest smartly and keep a close eye on our costs.
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Pro-Glovo, not pro-department. Think beyond your role; help before you’re asked. Learn Glovo A to Z. Figure stuff out on your own. Make sure your shit works!
Raise the bar: You're curious and capable; that's why you're at Glovo. You care deeply about improving your talents and look for opportunities to do so. Then put everything to work to reach your full potential.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!