What will you do?
You will be part of Starred Product team and will work closely with our DevOps Engineer, Head of Product, Head of Integrations and other engineers.
Some of your responsibilities look like this:
- Participate in the design approach for API first infrastructure, including selection of technologies.
- Define standards and guidelines for building API Service Layer, Security, Versioning, Encryption using API Gateway
- Strong knowledge of Web-Services, ability to implement REST and SOAP web-services from scratch
- Practical knowledge of best practices for on-premise/cloud/hybrid integration and API management.
Who We’re Looking For:
Instead of a long list of requirements we're sharing a list of attributes which are important to the position we're looking to fill. At starred we do not have a long list of requirements nor we require you to have a university degree to prove your skill.
An ideal candidate have:
- At least 5 years of development experience with server side
programming languages. For example Perl, Java, Python, Scala, PHP etc.
- Experience in designing REST APIs
- API security experience
- Open minded, and open to different ways of doing things
- Creative in your problem solving
- Caring and empathetic
- The ability to distinguish irony from sarcasm
- Positivity and an attitude that contributes to velocity
- Experience of working on products that impact a large customer base is an advantage
- Work in City of Amsterdam; We’re located in a National Monument