🔎 What we are looking for:
We are looking for a pragmatic, proactive Senior Back-end Software Engineer who loves to develop, looks for creative solutions, wants to learn and continue growing, and understands the importance of soft skills.
To be honest with you, when choosing who’s going to be a part of our team, we don’t care if a candidate has a million years of experience. For us, energy, capacity, and creativity are much more important than a long resume.
We are looking for people who want to be part of the top-notch team we have been creating over the years, who love to learn new things, who are curious about technology, who take ownership and look for agile solutions to everyday problems.
👥 We are looking for someone who has expertise in:
- At least 5 years of experience with Java, and scripting using this language.
😍 It would be great to also have experience with:
- Experience with QA tools like JMeter, Selenium, JUnit, DynaTrace, etc.
- Medium/High communication skills. You should be able to gather information from many different stakeholders, insist on achieving it, talk about the work they are doing, report issues, and make proposals.
- Attention to detail - Someone capable of detecting hidden or non-obvious issues.
- Procedural mind - Someone capable of establishing, following and communicating processes.
- Quality freak - Someone obsessed with the project's quality.
- Problem solving skills - Someone capable of proposing solutions thinking on the short and long term.
- Resilience under pressure - Someone capable of staying cool when things are broken, and/or there are tight deadlines.
👌 You will be a good candidate if you:
- Have strong leadership skills and communicate very well with both technical and non-technical people.
- Are a good team player.
- Like the remote environment. We are a remote-first company.
- Take ownership of the project and are self-driven.
- Understand the importance of soft skills.
📍 Preferred location:
The job is full remote, but it’s better if you’re in a time zone between GMT -7 and GMT +2.
Money is important, so we offer a competitive salary depending on your profile. However, not everything in life is money, so we also offer:
- The opportunity to work with an amazing, and talented team.
- 100% Remote and flexible work. We have been working this way since before the pandemic. We typically have meeting with clients between 14 - 17 hrs (GMT +1). Other than that, we organize our time how we want. Our only requirements are a good internet connection, async communication, common sense, and respect.
- 22 days of vacations + your birthday or your kid’s birthdays + a Monday or Friday off when there are no holidays in a month. (between 2 - 5 extra days depending on where you live).
- Mentorship program since day 1 so you can continue learning, growing, and evolving.
- Personalized english and communication classes with our in-house teachers.
- All the equipment needed so you can work comfortably from home.
- Coaching sessions, nutrition, yoga, workout sessions, and everything that has to do with your emotional and physical wellbeing. As cliché as it sounds, we really care about people.
- Medical insurance for you, and with a special discount for your direct family.
- Friday talks about interesting topics, an annual retreat with the whole company in Gran Canaria, and much more initiatives that we keep improving and changing based on our team’s needs.
What to expect as the next steps?
Our hiring process typically consists of:
We say typically because we're continuously testing and listening to you to make it better and better. We’re willing to look for alternatives if something about the process doesn't seem right for you and your situation. All we ask for in exchange is good, honest, and fluid communication.
What to expect?: An interview to get to know you, and answer questions you may have about our company. After this step, we’ll let you know if we want to invite you to start our process or not and why.
Duration: 20-30 mins
Pro Tip: Make sure can dedicate time and energy to our process and show your full potential before starting. If you can’t do that due to work or personal reasons, let us know. We have no rush. It’s better to start when you feel calm and ready.
What to expect?: Our HackerRank consists of two exercises. You can solve them using any technology of your preference. If you don’t pass this phase of the process, we’ll send you a report.
Duration: It lasts a max of 270 minutes. However, It probably won’t take you longer than two hours.
Pro Tip: To get ready for it, we recommend you do Code Kata on platforms such as Code Wars.
What to expect? • We'll invite you to a Slack channel and give you a series of requirements for the project. You can solve it using any technology of your preference. You will have the support of some team members so you can resolve any questions that may arise. If you don't pass this process phase, we'll give you detailed feedback.
Duration: This test takes place over the course of a week, asynchronously, you can dedicate some time each day, or you may prefer to condense it to a shorter period of time.
Pro Tip:The main purpose of this test is to see how working with you would be like. So make sure you communicate your decisions, make updates, ask questions, etc.
What to expect? A non-technical interview with a C- Level Monkey. After that, we’ll share with you our final decision.
Duration: 20-30 minutes
Pro Tip: Just be yourself.
About The Agile Monkeys
Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
50 - 200
We are focused in the following areas:
- Microservices and event-driven architectures.
- Blockchain and Web3 projects.
- Security in software.
- Artificial Intelligence.