Whisbi is how the world's biggest companies are starting sales conversations with their customers.
Whisbi has been shortening sales cycles for large enterprises for ten years, by delivering conversational solutions that engage customers in the exact moment a sales decision occurs.
Whisbi's solutions blend voice, messaging and video communication, with AI and conversational expertise in specific industry verticals. What this means is that companies can quickly build sustainable sales flows around complex organizations and business rules.
Global enterprises such as AT&T, Vodafone, Toyota, Hyundai and Sky trust Whisbi to coordinate their assisted and unassisted sales. Whisbi is always the channel with the highest close rate.
To cut to the chase, this is what we do:
About the role
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer (Node.js and C++), you will help Whisbi’s software achieve the best quality and reliability. You will make intuitive high-level decisions for software continuity. You will see the “big picture” and help to improve the architectural approaches and data flows of our software. You are a team player who loves the detail and goes in-depth in the architecture.
About the team
At Whisbi we care about a platform that manages millions of requests by day from some of the top companies of the world. We do this with a huge variety of technologies, solutions, and infrastructure to reach the performance expected.
Our Engineering Team is very experienced in both startup and enterprise engineering, leading a solution that works. They are responsible for their own activities and make sure experiences are reliable. They are all amazing learners and flexible problem-solvers
How do we work?
You will be part of a Squad lead by the CTO, also one of the two co-founders of the company. This will give you the opportunity to know our story in-depth, and understanding what’s the core value of our Software. You will be working in an agile environment, taking care of the current ecosystem of solutions, with a clear milestone of quality, performance, and reliability.
This Squad has the mission to consolidate the current platform, doing it more reliable and better prepared to multiply the capacity exponentially.
We combine strategic viewpoints in engineering with continuous improvements and updates in a platform that has been leading the sector for more than ten years. Our tactical executions are always small and trustable. Improving the global system step by step in only one direction, never going back.
What you'll be doing on the team
In the first month, you will:
- Get familiar with the Whisbi Platform and its features
- Learn the basics of the internal workings and architecture of the platform.
- Understand the working processes of the Engineering team and how we collaborate with the other teams.
- Integrate to the Squad and learn the coding guidelines and quality standards.
By month 3, you will:
- Have a clear understanding of software architecture.
- Be part of the improvements of some basic workflows.
- CodeReview as part of the quality process.
- Share your knowledge with the rest of the Engineering team.
By month 6, you will:
- Promote best practices and new ways of improving our software.
- Make sure the quality and tests coverage of the code base is maintained and improved.
- Be fully functional in the improvement of the platform.
- Help the on-boarding of new team members.
- You have a solid experience in developing back-ends.
- You are able to work in a varied environment, handling the entire software development life cycle, end to end.
- You have solid experience in developing back-ends with NodeJS, and C++.
- You have experience in developing RESTful APIs using ExpressJS.
- You have experience in using relational databases and shared memory solutions as ElastiCache.
- You have been working in an Agile environment using Scrum or Kanban in cross-functional teams.
- You are proficient in the unit and functional testing in NodeJS.
- You understand the principles of Quality Assurance in software development.
- You are able to aboard a project with a combination of microservices and monolithic solutions.
- You are capable to analyze a problem and define a clear action plan to tackle it.
We can offer you a great culture and the following perks:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible compensation plan with tax-free benefits
- Career progression opportunities
- Flexible schedule
- Fully remote work options - but we also have an amazing co-working space in the city center of Barcelona
- Gym sponsorship
- 23 days holiday - you choose when to enjoy them
- Yoga classes
- Online language classes
- Fun environment & team: company events, celebrations, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Remote and Flexible culture!
We want to hire the best talent without any geographical restrictions.
That is why we are open to recruiting people placed anywhere. What's important for us is talent, passion, and motivation to join our team.
We have a physical office in Barcelona, Madrid and NYC. But all those employees located in these three cities, can either decide to go to the office or stay at home... daily, and with no limits!