Whisbi’s Live Engagement Platform helps brands maximize website value and convert more web visitors into customers by engaging & guiding them at every step of the customer journey. Our platform combines, live video, chat, voice, web/content sharing, and chatbot. We are transforming Digital Sales & Marketing through differentiating online customer experiences that improve Live Engagement and increase sales conversion. Whisbi has been shortening sales cycles for large enterprises for over ten years, by delivering Live Engagement solutions that engage customers in the exact moment a sales decision occurs.
Our customers are global companies in Telco, Auto, Insurance, and Retail, who want to create winning omnichannel customer experiences online. Whisbi’s all-in-one, software-as-a-service allows Marketers to add a layer of interactivity and personalization to their websites and online marketing campaigns while enabling Sales and E-Commerce executives to increase their conversion rate quicker and more efficiently than ever before.
About the role
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer (Node.js), you will help Whisbi’s software achieve the best quality and reliability. You will make intuitive high-level decisions for software development. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development. You are a team player who loves to teach and learn.
About the team
At Whisbi we care about shipping real value to customers fast. We do this with an integrated product/engineering team that is lean, powerful, and fast.
What kind of people are there?
Most team members have serious experience in startup engineering. It is a different game, and we are shipping at least once a week to full-enterprise systems. We own our responsibilities, check our own work, and make sure experiences are reliable.
Many have 10+ years of experience and have owned their own companies. These are the people who have enough battle experience to architect solutions that can be built fast, destroyed safely, and scaled easily when the time comes.
All are amazing learners and flexible problem-solvers.
How do we work?
We always work with well-validated strategic customer problems and solutions that have already been experienced tested with rapid prototypes in the field - before we consider building.
We apply SOLID principles in both engineering and product design.
We combine strategic viewpoints in product and engineering to reduce scope, so our tactical executions are always small and rapid. Quick to deliver, quick to learn, so as a team we course correct early.
What you'll be doing on the team
In the first month, you will:
- Get familiar with the Whisbi Platform and its features
- Learn the basics of the internal workings and architecture of the platform
- Understand the working processes of the Engineering team and how we collaborate with the other teams
- Integrate the Back-end chapter and learn the coding guidelines and quality standards
By month 3, you will:
- Take part in designing the software architecture of new features and products
- CodeReview as part of the quality process
- Share your knowledge of unit & functional testing with the rest of the Engineering team
By month 6, you will:
- Promote best practices and new ways of improving our software
- Make sure the quality and tests coverage of the code base is maintained and improved
- Help the on-boarding of new team members
- You have solid experience in designing software architecture and developing back-ends
- You are able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment, handling the entire software development life cycle, end to end
- You know how to determine the best solution to a functional requirement based on system integration, feasibility, and time
- You have solid experience in developing front-ends with back-ends with NodeJS, possibly using TypeScript.
- You have experience in developing RESTful APIs using ExpressJS
- You have been working in an Agile environment using Scrum or Kanban in cross-functional teams
- You are proficient in unit and functional testing in NodeJS
- You understand the principles of Quality Assurance in software development
We can offer you a great culture and the following perks:
- Competitive salary 💰
- Flexible compensation plan with tax-free benefits 💸
- Career progression opportunities 🚀
- Flexible schedule ⏰
- Fully remote work options - but we also have an amazing co-working space and terrace in the city center of Barcelona 🏠
- Free coffee & beer ☕️🍺
- Healthy life with Andjoy💪🏻
- 23 days holiday + 3 Whisbi wellbeing days 🌴
- Pet Friendly 🐶
- Yoga classes 🙏🏻
- Online language classes 👩🏽🏫
- International & multicultural environment 🌏
- Fun environment & team: company events, celebrations, etc. 🎉
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status