At New Relic, we provide our customers real-time insights, so they can innovate faster. Our software delivers insightful observability tools across different technologies and distributed systems, enabling software engineering teams to quickly identify, understand and tackle issues, analyze performance and get the most of their software and infrastructure.
If you love scale and want to contribute to one of the largest and fastest growing observability platforms in the market, we want to hear from you: New Relic is looking for a Software Engineer to join our international team based in our European Development Center in Barcelona. We’re a fast-growing software company that cares about our product and culture.
What You’ll Do
- Build, maintain, and scale back-end services and their support tools.
- Participate in architectural definitions with a high degree of innovation and creativity.
- Creating automation and tooling to make our systems more scalable and easier to deploy.
- Working directly within a multidisciplinary team to help our customers and partners.
- Research new tools and services to understand complex scenarios and to also propose new features.
- Working in an agile environment with a DevOps approach—teams build and maintain their own software, including taking turns with being on-call.
- Experience with distributed systems, concurrency, and scaling in a production environment.
- Strong experience in writing software in OOP (Java, GO, Python...) and you are not afraid of adapting, learning and working with different languages and frameworks.
- Familiarity with asynchronous programming techniques: streams, event-based flows, task queues, message queues.
- Being comfortable in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies.
- Having a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to shared code ownership
- Fluency in English
- Contribution to open source projects.
- Understanding of the value that build and test automation brings to a development team's efficiency and reliability and are passionate about applying these techniques to your projects.
- Experience in technical mentorship and support for helping level-up the skills of colleagues on the team.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.