Our mission at Vintra is to revolutionize how people and spaces are kept safe and productive. We create AI powered video understanding solutions that transform any real-world camera feed into tailored intelligence, enabling our customers to build the safest and most productive organizations in the world. We are an international emerging leader with offices in San Jose (California) and in Barcelona (Spain), and we are currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our R&D team in Barcelona.
As a young company, we are rapidly growing and making a great impact by solving real-world safety and security problems. Our machine learning technology is one of the fastest and most accurate on the planet. Working alongside smart, hungry colleagues you will have the opportunity to solve important and challenging problems by creating cutting-edge technology.
What will you be up to at Vintra?
Our engineering team is responsible for creating and maintaining our analytics application, and for packaging and deploying our machine learning models in a highly available, high throughput, low latency processing pipeline. Here are some of the main responsibilities and challenges you will solve in this role:
- You will be collaborating with the rest of the team to define, design and shape new platform functionalities.
- You will design and develop scalable, high performance backend components for large-scale applications which will be deployed in private and public clouds.
- You will work alongside researchers and other engineers to deploy custom ML models on modern GPU’s.
- You will be analyzing and improving platform performance and assisting in ongoing projects for monitoring and management of our stack
What we would like you to bring to the table
- 4+ years of experience building large-scale distributed systems.
- A solid knowledge of C/C++, Python or Java, and ideally you have played around with Go.
- You have a strong knowledge of data structures & algorithm optimization.
- You spend many hours of your days in Linux
- You’re familiar with Kubernetes, and definitely know how to put your algos into containers.
- Knowledge of image and video processing would be nice to have!
- You are a results driven, self motivated person, capable of working both individually and within a team.
What we are offering
- Impact and challenges: You will be making an impact in an exciting project, by working on real world problems with our cutting edge technology.
- Diverse environment: You will be a part of a great multicultural working environment, and work alongside highly qualified and motivated colleagues.
- Healthcare: We offer private healthcare insurance
- Flexibility: We’re all about working efficiently and offer a flexible schedule to help with your work-life balance.
- Personal and professional development: We care about your development and provide a yearly budget for learning and conferences.
- Relocation: We offer relocation assistance if required.
- Competitive salary: We offer a competitive salary adapted to your experience
- Company shares: We want you to be an owner of the business
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, plus 14 bank holidays
- Team gatherings: We have quarterly fun Team Building activities and retreats
- Amazing location: Our offices are located in the centre of sunny Barcelona, and we have a nice terrace with great views where you can get some fresh air
- Coffee and snacks: We have a fully stocked kitchen with coffee, fruit and other yummy snacks.