Are you an authority on high performance and request responsiveness to and from the front-end? Are you a master of managing the interchange of data between the server and users? Is your focus a fast and error-free experience?
Flex your Node.js know-how in an early-stage project with a fast-growing organization, positively impacting the accessibility and technological advancement of science education, globally.
Is it time to develop your career and build technology that makes a positive change, where you directly shape the project’s future, using a modern microservice architecture with a Node.js (TypeScript, Nest.js) / Vue.js / MongoDB stack?
Then maybe you’re our next senior backend developer!
What you’ll be doing
- Implement and manage integration solutions with the learning management systems of major universities, globally reaching millions of students and teachers with a team of passionate professionals.
- Alongside a team of domain experts and software engineers, you’ll develop high-quality products, fully compliant with industry standards (e.g. LTI) and tailored to the teachers’ and students’ needs.
- Collaborate with developers to improve the quality of our backend solutions.
- Review other developers’ code and contribute to the active developer community at Labster.
If you’ve got these skills, we’d love to hear from you
- You're a backend development guru, particularly Node.js.
- Big bonus points for TypeScript,Vue.js and MongoDB experience.
- You’re fanatical about good code quality and software design.
- You’re a can-do and will-do, proactive person, motivated by delivering value through amazing user experience development.
- Learning is everything. You’re an advocate of constantly learning new technologies and skills.
- You see the simple, yet powerful solutions, because you’re an analytical thinker.
- BSc in Computer Science is desirable but not a deal breaker. We know that equivalent education or practical experience counts just as much.
- Fully proficient in English.
We are Labster. Creators of virtual science lab software that makes learning engaging, effective and accessible, to as many students as possible. We exist to empower the next generation of scientists to change the world. It’s our mission to support 100 million science learners globally by 2025.
In the same way our technology empowers students, we thrive on an autonomous and innovative culture based on Holacracy, and ensuring that your work fits into your lifestyle.
We encourage individual expression, boldly challenge how it’s always been done, and foster learning, creativity and growth. How you work is in your control, balanced by the comfort of access to like-minded, inspiring people, when you need it.
What's in it for you
- Work fully remotely with flexibility
- Embrace the autonomy of holacracy, and work that fits into your lifestyle
- Fair and attractive salaries
- Unlimited paid vacation (which we encourage you to actually take!)
- Learning budget & freedom to decide what you learn!
- Company-wide equity program
- Opportunities to travel and meet your colleagues from around the world! (Covid permitting)
Our commitment to all of you
Labster, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Labster strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. Labster complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.