Do you want to help save the world from Google Translate? Tired of seeing texts like “All your base are belong to us””? Do you have passion for technology and development? Then join the LanguageWire team as a Senior Backend Engineer and help to make a difference!
The role you’ll play
As a Senior Backend Engineer you have a strong software engineering background and you are passionate about developing new features and making a significant difference for users in their daily work. You take great pride in delivering sound and scalable solutions. Together with the team you will ensure new products and features are brought to life using a cloud-native tech stack.
The team you’ll be a part of
You will join our Language Tools Team, which is currently a group of 7 dedicated people, working on bringing our translators the best editor and tooling support in the business. We run by the “You built it, you run it” principle, which means that we own the products we build through all phases. The products we build are the most important tools for the translators that use them every day to run their business – what you do will make an immediate impact on their daily work!
If you want to make a difference, make it with us by…
- Analyzing and improving existing backend services and systems and developing new features for them.
- Designing and creating new backend services in order to offer new functionality to our product.
- Writing unit and integration tests for the new features which will be developed.
- Analyzing the performance and current functionality of existing services, identifying problems and solving them.
- Participating in a team-wide prod rotation, where you’ll need to troubleshoot real-live production issues.
- Participating in the CICD process alongside the team.
In one year, you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have helped built and deploy new features for our Smart Editor product
- You have improved the quality and stability of the overall Smart Editor product
- You are an integrated part of our team and company
Desired experience and competencies
What does it take to work for LanguageWire?
What you’ll need to bring
- Great .NET knowledge
- Good knowledge of Microservices
- Medium SQL knowledge
- Experience with Kibana / Elk
- Basic Azure knowledge (or experience with similar cloud technologies)
- Software design principles
- Software debugging skills
- Good analytical skills
- Focus on creating end user value
- Team player
Skills that will make you stand out
- NET 5/Core
- Docker + Kubernetes
- Advanced Azure knowledge
- Experience using Entity Framework
- Rabbit MQ / Cloud AMQP
Most important things to know about us:
- We eliminate language barriers, so people understand each other. Everywhere.
- We are a tech company. We build our own language tech that gives us a competitive advantage in the language industry.
- We are an AI company. Our in-house AI teams use Deep Learning to develop sophisticated natural language processing services that process hundreds of millions of words per year.
- We are a stable company, and we are growing fast
More detail about us:
At LanguageWire, we are leaders in the world of Language Service Providers, but we are cooler than our competitors. Want to know why? Read on. We are fueled by the most advanced technology (AI) and our goal is to make customer's lives easier by simplifying their communication with any audience across the globe.
We are proud of our unique AI technology and our exquisite customer care. We are even prouder of our people. From our language experts, tech nerds, and customer success drivers to the core of heroes in the background. They all have a stake in supporting the delivery of translations, editing, desktop publishing, and other crazy cool multilingual communication services.
We listen and we care. We adapt our solutions to customer needs and integrate them with customer-specific tech stacks, streamlines and automated workflows. All of this while ensuring all data is protected thoroughly in a secure, meteorite-proof infrastructure. Basically, we've got the whole package!
LanguageWire is a community where communication is open, informal and friendly. The fact that we respect each other personally and professionally promotes collaboration and a positive social environment. We celebrate success and giving and receiving feedback and recognition is a natural part of our corporate culture.
Technology is a big part of what keeps LanguageWire ahead of the competition, but we never forget it’s a business built and powered by people. We ensure that our entire team is happy with what they do, and everyone has the tools they need to achieve. Because at the end of the day, that’s why our customers love to work with us—they enjoy working with a team of enthusiastic people!
Working at LanguageWire — why we like it:
“Being surrounded by so many talented colleagues is one of the best things about working at LanguageWire. The working atmosphere is great, and being part of such a multicultural team represents an enriching and incredible opportunity for the development of my career”
(Anna, Operations Solutions Project Manager, Valencia)
“Why I love my job at LanguageWire? Three things: Team Spirit, Goals and Caring Leadership. It begins and ends with the team. I am motivated because I work with a great team of people who know how to work together, know each other, and thrive when working collaboratively to achieve our goals. We care about each other. As a leader, you need to embrace the whole team to make the team great and achieve set goals. LanguageWire takes pride in caring about it all.”
(Marianne, Customer Success Director, Aarhus)
What are the perks?
We don't stand still. We don’t look back; we drive forward!
Are you the next Wire in our community? Consider a career with LanguageWire, and let’s realize your potential together. These are some of the perks of becoming a Wire...
- Scale-up by facts — start-up by heart
- Enjoy flat hierarchies, direct feedback, and room to stand up for your own ideas
- We are a fast-growing tech company that enables you to develop, be part of the decision-making processes, and suggest new and fresh ways to come up with solutions
- International company. Offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Stockholm, Varberg, London, Leuven, Lille, Munich, Hamburg, Zurich, Kiev, Gdansk, and Valencia
- 360 employees with great gender and cultural diversity
- A lot of responsibility and freedom
- We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors and countries
- We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and get-together initiatives like online fitness classes, yoga, Christmas parties, etc. We have fun