Flanks is a Barcelona-based fintech company focused on wealth management services. Its main product is a SaaS solution that helps financial advisors, family offices, private banks and other institutions to have a holistic view of their clients’ financial assets while using the latest scraping technology. We’re currently building the benchmark in the Open Wealth industry, and so far, we managed to have compatibility with over 280 custodian entities.
Thanks to our clients, we continue to grow at a fast pace. We have multiplied our growth by six, built a presence in 11 different countries in the last 18 months. In August 2021, Flanks raised €2.3 million in an investment round led by JME Ventures and SeedRocket 4Founders Capital to accelerate our market expansion.
In order to accelerate our market expansion in Europe and Americas, we would like to count on you to also grow (personally and professionally) with us.
Flanks’s values are:
- People first: To us, the most important thing is for “Flankers” to feel at ease, for them to get involved in a project and feel part of the team.
- Keep growing: Our team believes that people growing in lockstep with the company is essential, both personally and professionally.
- Think twice, act once: We like to think about all the possible consequences for taking any decision that could affect the team or our clients.
If you’re looking to grow professionally in a very fast-growing company with an exciting start-up culture, this is your opportunity!
About the role
You'll be working as a full member of the Data Platorm Team, participating in the design, planning and execution of new features and the maintenance of the current ones.
You will be mainly developing and integrating third party solutions for different use-cases.
As a senior, you will help and support other members of the team. You are expected to take a leading role in new initiatives and to need a minimal amount of supervision and support. You will still be an individual contributor, but you’ll also need planning and communication skills way beyond just “doing your work”: You will have agency and accountability. Not only that, but you will have a voice in the way we shape the future of technology at Flanks.
Things we'd love to see on you
- You have the ability to perform in different roles and scenarios
- You have worked on projects with other people and have experience with Git.
- You are familiar with reading and integrating third-party API’s
- Likewise, you are a team player and a good communicator. You focus on communication over resolution.
- Experience working with databases, both SQL and NoSQL.
- Cloud and Kubernetes experience will be considered.
- Working English proficiency and you understand spanish.
- In general, the more experience with parts of our stack, the better. However, we're looking for the fundamentals, so don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes.
Our current tech stack
Since this team is building things from scratch, we will debate and decide the best technology in each case.
Our current stack in other teams is:
- Python on our back-end, migrating to async-based for most parts.
- Vue in our front-end.
- Running on GKE
- Powered by MongoDB and PostgreSQL
- Also, Redis, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Prometheus and other usual suspects.
What can we offer
We offer fair compensation (50-55K). Likewise, we believe this is a really nice time to join the project as we have a lot of challenges ahead, and you'll be an active part of this exciting journey. This is a full-time, permanent contract.
A non-exhaustive list of perks includes:
🏠 Office at 5 minutes from Pl. Espanya and Sants Estació
🔆 Flexible working hours, 40% remote (twice a week)
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our monthly team meetings (optional)
😎 Team building events (optional)
🙀 Personal holidays swap inside the same month
🏥 Health insurance options
💸 Flexible remuneration with Cobee
📚 Yearly training budget
The hiring process
- You send us your resume, cover letter, etc.
- A chat with our CTO, where we’ll dive deeper into your background, your possible fit, and where you’ll have the opportunity to ask any sort of questions.
- We will send you a short programming test so that you can take the time to complete it.
- Then, we’ll schedule a chat to go through them and discuss possibilities, approaches and tradeoffs. We may ask you to show us a previous project you have done.
- A meeting with our CEO and your team-lead.
- Optionally, any other meeting you or us might need to clarify any pending questions.
- We send you an offer.
If you think you meet most of the criteria described above, don’t hesitate to send us your CV and/or cover letter. We will be happy to hear from you!
Flanks is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Flanks employee. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, or belief (if any), nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, age, marital and civil partnership status, or disability status.
10 - 50