We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
The Matching team is responsible for improving time efficiency for our customers, couriers, and partner stores. The team leverages machine learning and operation research techniques to build services that make smart dispatching decisions and minimize the staleness of couriers.
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- Work on one of the most challenging problems within urban logistics
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grows
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Deliver high quality solutions
- Work with machine learning engineers to productionize ML Models
- Participate in high-level technical decisions
- Mentor and empower other developers around you
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
- Computer Science or similar degree
- 7+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Strong Java or Other language skills
- Experience with scripting languages
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks
- The urge to write unit-tests
- Knowledge of relational databases and other approaches to data management
- Knowledge of concurrency and Event Driven Development
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Vivid interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, algorithms, optimization, automation, scalability, etc.)
- Good English
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
- Experience with Spring framework is a plus
- Experience with other platforms is a big plus
- Participation in open source projects is a huge plus
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
Enticing Phantom Shares plan
Attractive Relocation package
Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
Discounted Gym memberships
Flexible working environment
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
- Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.