We, employees, need a much more engaging solution around our compensation, and that’s why Cobee was born. Since we created Cobee back in November 2018, our vision has been unwavering: to become the most desirable solution for employees to get compensated at work. As we fight for that vision, we truly believe that we can improve the overall well-being of employees at the same time that we make them feel more engaged with their companies.
We began with a single benefit, and today we offer a diverse range of benefits in three countries, with a team of more than 140 talented people across the globe. We have raised more than €55 Million in venture capital funding backed by world-class investors, including a recent €40 Million Series B investment. While much has changed since our humble beginnings, we stay true to what we believe and to our culture:
- Humble Excellence: We are a team committed to excellence and delivering top-notch results. We make informed decisions and collaborate to succeed, while also approaching our endeavors with low ego and open-mindedness. We support our teammates and give them the opportunity to shine.
- Team Innovation: We are trailblazers, disrupting the status quo and creating something new. We embrace risk and challenge ourselves to think creatively, fostering teamwork and diversity to fuel our ideas. Everyone is encouraged to contribute and have a say in decision-making.
- Lean Ownership: Lean Ownership means owning our actions and outcomes, proactively seeking ways to improve the company for the long haul. We prioritize and simplify to move quickly and work with full autonomy to be agile.
About The Role
As a Senior Backend Engineer (L3) you will work on:
- Produce simple, maintainable code and in the meantime search for ways to improve it.
- The platform requires special attention on performance, given the complexity of the data structures and the amount of requests the services are handling each day. You will be responsible for well testing your code (unit tests, acceptance tests, integration tests, load tests, performance tests) and propose/implement performance improvements.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of existing architectures and evolve them to satisfy future product requirements.
- Learn and help others learn how to write great quality code.
Our daily stack is:
- Technical stack: TypeScript, Node.js,React, React Native, Auth0, MongoDB (Atlas).
- We add tests to everything. Also, we log what's going on internally using Sentry.
- We have our CI/CD with GitlabCI and we deploy several times each day.
- Code collaboration: GitHub, Gitlab, Docker, K8
- Project management and knowledge: JIRA, Notion.
- Communication: Slack, Meets
What we are looking for:
- Outstanding software engineering skills.
- Proven experience developing production applications in (preferably) Node.js or other similar languages.
- You can convert a design into code and deliver it using current software engineering best practices.
- Experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems.
- Experience operating your services in a production environment.
- A systematic approach to problem-solving.
- Experience with unit, integration, functional, and e2e testing
- Learn from feedback and help others learn to write better applications.
- You’re passionate about what you do.
- Recruiter Screen: We would love to meet interested people and their motivations in a first 30 min call with one of the People team members.
- Hiring Manager Interview: You will be invited to a first technical call to discuss your past experience, and future ambitions, and also to talk more about the role and its challenges.
- Technical Interview: In order to keep knowing your technical skills, we will organize an online code review with the team.
- Team Interview: we will invite you to a chat with 2 team members to talk about the assignment and to work on an architectural challenge with the team.
- Cultural Fit interview: Finally, we will evaluate if you are aligned with the values and culture of Cobee.
Why should you join Cobee?
- Excellence - We are driven by building great and impactful solutions to change the employee benefits industry in the long run. In everything we do, we go for the excellence approach.
- Sustainable growth - We always keep a bootstrap mindset while we keep growing! We do this in a very sustainable way and with a lot of substance: growth and profitability are not a contradiction, and we love to find the right balance.
- Non-hierarchical innovators - We listen to everyone. No matter their position. We try to ensure that the people who implement are part of the decision-making.
- Flexible Benefits - Paid flexible benefits (meals, transportation, nurseries) with paid health insurance and a specific budget to spend in an annual budget for training.
- The estimated pay range for this role is 60.000€ to 75.000€
We are willing to meet you! Cobee embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill