Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
We are looking for experienced software engineers to join our backend team in Spain. You will solve challenging technical problems, own your products end-to-end and help take our SaaS platform to the next level. This isn't just an opportunity to join an amazing team, but also to have an impactful role in the way we evolve our product. As a backend engineer, you will build and/or scale our systems to be highly performant and robust. You will build on Medallia’s world’s leading core service infrastructure and platform connecting the world's leading business to their customers, using modern technologies and service-oriented architectures.
- Ship great software that is scalable and robust and then keep it humming.
- Design, implement and drive the technical roadmap and product implementation; help the team prioritize and plan pragmatically.
- Partner closely with dependent teams across engineering to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and process and work with your manager & PM to address those.
- Incorporate the best development practices and habits and help build tooling to enforce the same.
- Work in small teams with like-minded engineers in an agile environment with daily standups, demo days, code reviews, and research spikes.
- Become a go-to person for one or several components in the whole system.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers and impact teams through tech talks and presentations.
- Be a voice of Medallia Engineering in Argentina's tech scene thru hosting and participating in meetups.
- 3-5+ experience in a high transaction, high-volume environment running a critical portion of the business
- Experience in Java is a must
- Experience with Distributed Systems, ideally with NoSQL (Cassandra, Kafka)
- Relational Database (Oracle, MySQL) or PostgreSQL experience
- Enjoys being part of a team critical to business and is excited about building on top of new technology
- Experience building and maintaining software services that will be used by other teams or exposed with external APIs.
- Demonstrate strong software engineering fundamentals.
- Bring an ownership mindset with detail and quality orientation.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Agile process experience, ability to work in fast-paced and distributed teams.
Our Engineering Culture
- Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from.
- We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback.
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and codebase.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and share what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tooling.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.