We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Work on challenging problems regarding large amounts of data processing (reads and writes).
- Lead technical projects that have a broad impact in the business.
- Mentor team members and share knowledge to make the team grow.
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles.
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grows.
- Own your deliverables from start to finish.
- Deliver high-quality solutions.
- Participate in technical decisions.
- Take part in product-experimentation.
Computer Science or similar degree.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving performance problems in complex software systems.
- Several years of relevant full-time experience.
- Strong Java or other high level language skills.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Experience mentoring team members and leading technical projects.
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture.
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks.
- The urge to write automated tests.
- Knowledge of relational databases and other approaches to data management.
- Knowledge of concurrency and Event-Driven Development.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Vivid interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, algorithms, optimization, automation, scalability, etc.)
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of 2020, we’re currently present in more than 22 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.