We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels included and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
The courier growth team ensures the right amount of active fleet in every city through seamless and efficient acquisition and training processes.
Join us to build it together!
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Work on challenging problems and constantly improve the usability of our applications.
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles.
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grows.
- Own your deliverables from start to finish.
- Deliver high-quality solutions.
- Participate in technical decisions.
- Take part in product-experimentation.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving performance problems in complex software systems.
- 3+ years of relevant full-time experience.
- Strong Java or other object oriented programming language skills
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture.
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks.
- The urge to write tests
- Knowledge of relational databases and other approaches to data management.
- Knowledge of concurrency and Event-Driven Development.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Vivid interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, algorithms, optimization, automation, scalability, etc.)
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable)
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, fun with colleagues on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months
- Continuing education opportunities, opportunities to grow your skills, acquire new ones and share your learnings with others!
- An environment where you are actively encouraged to bring your authentic self to work in a safe, diverse, collaborative experience.
- Working from home, flexible holidays
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
- Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance
At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of 2020, we’re currently present in more than 22 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.