Bank Core builds products that essentially power our bank, making N26 operate and run.
As a Backend Engineer at N26, you will be encouraged to embrace the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems on a daily basis.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer to evolve our product, powered by a microservice architecture predominantly written in Java 8 and Kotlin, using Spring Boot.
In this role, you will:
Collaborate closely with your Tech Lead on architecting new features and seeing them through to completion
Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology and be willing to actively propose findings during participation in our GSDD.
Work within your cross-functional team to uphold the highest technical standards right across the product
What you need to be successful:
- First experience in developing software using Java or Kotlin and Spring Boot in large-scale production systems
Understanding of microservice architecture
Knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases
Appreciation of working in a modern cloud architecture, preferably with AWS
Language Skills: good written and verbal communication skills in English
Strong call to action and for getting things done
Ongoing appreciation and consideration for security
Motivation to write code which is well-tested and well-documented
Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running.
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status