We are looking for a versatile and passionate backend developper who will join our team of talented engineers to help us build the best mobile blockchain browser.
You will design and operate the backend services that fuel our decentralised application, develop innovative services on top of Ethereum nodes, and help continuously improve our engineering practices.
Senior Backend Engineer responsibilities are:
- Develop new services that will enable seamless interactions between mobile clients and smart contracts
- Lead the architecture, development and operation of our backend infrastructure in a DevOps manner
- Build a layer of innovative services on top of Ethereum nodes
- Continuously improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems
- Research and recommend testing and automation tools
- Review and enforce security best-practices for all internal and external services
- Collaborate closely with the other engineering teams to ensure an overall efficient architecture of our product
Senior Backend Engineer requirements are:
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and delivering scalable distributed systems in Java and a good knowledge of Node.js. Knowledge of Go is a plus
- Knowledge of the Ethereum platform is a plus as our back-end interacts with our Ethereum smart contracts.
- You have hands-on experience in designing and operating a secure infrastructure on AWS
- You like to get your hands dirty and you are never afraid to experiment with technology
- You have good knowledge of cryptography and security best practices
- You have strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced startup environment with a lot of unknowns
How we work ?
We are a distributed team but find communication much easier when working on similar time zones and a short flight distance. You'll need to be based in the UK or Europe.
About Argent Labs