"Delivering innovative digital magazine content on every device in every country."
Zinio / Naviga brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer, Zinio operates online web newsstands and award-winning iOS and Android apps, providing access to digital magazines & articles in more than 30 languages, which can be read online and offline on any platform.
Zinio Pro converts print magazines to digital content through a Software as a service (SaaS) platform that transforms PDF to other formats such as XML, ePub or ANF and distributes it to different platforms such as Amazon Kindle, Apple News or Zinio Pro's white label publisher web and mobile apps.
The company has delivered 750M digital magazine editions across more than 8,5k titles from 1.3k publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers.
Zinio is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer in their Barcelona office.
As a seasoned Senior PHP Engineer, you code in several languages although you have one or two in your main expertise area (ideally PHP and other languages); however, you can travel around different sets of stacks, and if you don't know it, you can quickly learn about it.
You have more than five (5) years of experience battling in high-availability applications and big complex projects. With that, you will be part of one of our Backend teams in Barcelona (3 Engineers (1 QA) + 1 PO)
The role reports to the Tech Lead of the team.
Your required experience:
- Powerful OOP and SOLID principles.
- PHP + Symfony
- Experience with DDD.
- Experience with cache systems (Redis, Memcached, etc.)
- Experience working with asynchronous processes and messaging-based apps (rabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.).
- Experience with Microservices. You understand both the good and bad points of working with Microservices and how to work properly with them.
- Experience working with scalable architectures and systems.
- Experience working in high-availability applications.
- Good testing culture. No matter if you do the tests before the code or vice versa, your tests are ALWAYS part of the last PR.
- Docker is your friend. You have experience working with Docker and Docker Compose.
- Experience with CI services like Travis or CircleCI
- Git workflow. Good deployment practices (CI is a plus).
- Agile development skills.
- Attention to good coding practices and clean code.
- Good communicator in English.
Nice to have:
- Experience in e-commerce and transactional platforms.
- Experience in CQRS or hexagonal.
Why you'll love working with us:
- We are a technology company, so we invest in technology and our people!
- We lead our sector of activity and are always facing new challenging projects.
- We have a highly skilled team that will let you learn from your colleagues: knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived.
- You will be part of a multicultural team, working with different countries and time zones.
- We have a fun, friendly & international work environment.
- Flexible working hours and availability of work from home.
We offer great benefits, including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team-building activities.
- Free digital magazines.
- Fresh fruit, tea & good (unlimited) coffee.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan, including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.
If you are interested, please apply by sending your CV in English with all data relevant to the position.